Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Crack in 3 week old slide

3djedi

1 hour ago, BeerBaron said:

my guess is lack of clearance between comp and slide killed it. that is purely a guess though based on the location of the crack and how early in it's life it cracked. I hope they make it right and make it right quickly...

Me too! I was having a blast with the gun.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, racer-x said:

Just checked my CK 9 open. Clearance between slide and comp at top is right at .010 on mine.

Around 1K rounds through mine right now as well.

slide to comp fit2.JPG

Hello: Looks like it maybe touching on the bottom? The end should be cut at an angle so when it locks up the gap is parallel. Thanks, Eric

I talked with CK. Seems they are having issues with cracking with STi slides.

They said it will take 6-10 weeks to fix. That sucks but it is what it is.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Just now, 3djedi said:

I talked with CK. Seems they are having issues with cracking with STi slides.

They said it will take 6-10 weeks to fix. That sucks but it is what it is.......

So is there a date/production period that this issue is occurring? Wonder if this issue is fixed..... :o

This stinks with a new gun now being sent for up to 10 weeks. This is way you by a in stock gun not to have a wait. Did he say what would happen if you keep shooting it. 

I was actually planning on asking this very question. I'll let you know what they say.

On 3/25/2017 at 2:59 PM, brytec said:

If it is STI slide, they will replace it! 

It's refreshing to hear that they have changed their policy. A friend of mine was told a while back "you broke, you fix it." Needless to say, he no longer shoots an STI gun.

This stinks with a new gun now being sent for up to 10 weeks. This is way you by a in stock gun not to have a wait. Did he say what would happen if you keep shooting it. 

They recommended not to shoot it and send it for fixing.

And that's exactly why I bought it. No waiting! Lol

8 hours ago, Gman57 said:

Just wondering how long this has gone on?

Thanks,

G

Since the middle of last year with slides I bought from SpeedShooters.

It won't hurt anything to keep shooting it.  One of them that broke on me, the customer had me extend the slot cut to the end of the slide, similar to the slide cut for a hybrid barrel.  It should run as long as any pistol with a hybrid barrel.

Since the middle of last year with slides I bought from SpeedShooters.

It won't hurt anything to keep shooting it.  One of them that broke on me, the customer had me extend the slot cut to the end of the slide, similar to the slide cut for a hybrid barrel.  It should run as long as any pistol with a hybrid barrel.

I would have to agree with you. I can't see that crack spreading anywhere since it stops at the popple hole slot. And, like you said, an island barrel has a slot cutout right there.

Cutting and milling the slide, fitting the slide to frame and then sending it off for PVD finishing.

Equals 8 to 10 weeks from the time you let go of it till the time you get it back.....  yuck but that's the way it is, been there done that.

15 minutes ago, Sarge said:

STI slide so......

Been disappointed in sti for awhile,

They refused to cover a slide cut same as their DVC, cracked in dust cover.

Welded it then it cracked over the lugs , yes there was clearance in both places.

Then another on an edge that was lightened to 11.ozs.

So I've gone to pt and ck frames and Caspian slides.

Guess what! Nothing is has broken so probably won't need warranty, but if so I'm sure it'll be good

5 hours ago, Kepo said:

Sad day for all the ck fanboys! Tell me again how much better they are than a sti? Lmfao

You ever have anything break on your guns, or do you just enjoy laughing at other people's misfortunes?

5 minutes ago, teros135 said:

You ever have anything break on your guns, or do you just enjoy laughing at other people's misfortunes?

Woah pump the brakes wasn't meaning to upset anyone. My point is they can all have problems. I have witnessed a lot of sti bashing on this forum from fanboys.  I do think that it is funny that they use sti slides, and these same people claim that the gun is vastly superior.

26 minutes ago, Kepo said:

Woah pump the brakes wasn't meaning to upset anyone. My point is they can all have problems. I have witnessed a lot of sti bashing on this forum from fanboys.  I do think that it is funny that they use sti slides, and these same people claim that the gun is vastly superior.

Many top builders use STI frames and slides as a base for a build. Then custom fit aftermarket parts that are of much higher quality than STI. But now that patents on 2011 frames etc have expired some builders are making their own base parts to much tighter tolerances than STI ever did. If you mic a CK frame or even a PT frame you will find them much tighter tolerances than STI. STI's are mass produced guns. They generally work and I even know of a few people running bone stock STI's that have never had a lick of trouble. But I also know a bunch of people who buy them and have cracked slides. :)

Yes indeed, any gun can and will most likely break at some point. Even SV's break but their owners are not likely to discuss it publicly after spending that kind of money! LOL

Sad day for all the ck fanboys! Tell me again how much better they are than a sti? Lmfao

Yeah yeah..... CK got a bad batch of parts from a vendor. It happens. But he is standing behind the gun and is fixing it.

I will say CK has been EXCELLENT in answering every question. I've been using the messenger function on Facebook to communicate with CK. I have no idea whom I'm speaking with (I suspect it's Bobby but I don't know) but they have been extremely helpful and respond very quickly. I was shooting questions all the way up to midnight last night and was getting responses within minutes. I don't think you can ask for any better than that.

I'm quite satisfied at this point with CK.
Although it is frustrating having a cracked slide on a new gun I understand things like this happen from time to time and was really beyond the control of CK. All that matters is that they are going to fix it no questions asked.

6 minutes ago, 3djedi said:

Yeah yeah..... CK got a bad batch of parts from a vendor. It happens. But he is standing behind the gun and is fixing it.

I will say CK has been EXCELLENT in answering every question. I've been using the messenger function on Facebook to communicate with CK. I have no idea whom I'm speaking with (I suspect it's Bobby but I don't know) but they have been extremely helpful and respond very quickly. I was shooting questions all the way up to midnight last night and was getting responses within minutes. I don't think you can ask for any better than that.

I'm quite satisfied at this point with CK.
Although it is frustrating having a cracked slide on a new gun I understand things like this happen from time to time and was really beyond the control of CK. All that matters is that they are going to fix it no questions asked.

Agreed. You are probably talking to Bobby but I have also talked to Matt very late at night as well when I had gun problems. Both are top notch!