Crack in 3 week old slide

3djedi

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not an STI factory gun is it? Is it cracked down the side too? The first picture looks that it is.

That one going down the side isn't a crack. I think it's a hair lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ummm cracks aren't good but where that one is, if the builder won't help you you could probably shoot the gun for a long time before that caused an issue... I have a gun that is cut for a hybrid ribbed barrel where that section  of slide is milled out (imagine if that oval cut extended forward through the front of the slide).

Edited by caspian guy

You're probably right but the gun has a lifetime warranty so I would think the builder would fix it. I hope so anyway. Lol. This gun is kind of a temporary deal while a custom is being built.

If it is STI slide, they will replace it! I just sent my crack slide to them and waiting for the replacement to come in about 6-8weeks. I had to email the warranty dept and took maybe few days in the process. Ryan from STI warranty took care of replacing the slide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see this, but I know he will fix it. Did you get the gun from Bobby or from a dealer that had it in stock. Just wondering as I'm about to buy a gun from a dealer. 

Dealer. Shooters Connection

14 hours ago, 3djedi said:

Jeez 6 to 8 weeks without a gun. That sucks. Definitely need a backup gun in open.

That sucks on a 3 week old gun..... in the shop longer than you have owned it. What's the S/N on that gun? Sorry to hear this.

Edited by Gman57

I assume that is a CK slide,right? Cause if not, and he built that one with an STI slide, it would definitely add to the evidence STI is sending out defective ones once again. JPL said he has had like 4 slides crack on new builds in the past couple months break. Basically the exact same crack.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I assume that is a CK slide,right? Cause if not, and he built that one with an STI slide, it would definitely add to the evidence STI is sending out defective ones once again. JPL said he has had like 4 slides crack on new builds in the past couple months break. Basically the exact same crack.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How can you tell if it's an Sti or CK slide? Definitely know it's a CK frame.

4 hours ago, 3djedi said:

How can you tell if it's an Sti or CK slide? Definitely know it's a CK frame.

I'm not 100% but I think CK uses STI slides for their builds.

How much clearance is there supposed to be between the slide and compensator? I went out and bought feeler gauges and the smallest one, .005, would barely slide in the top and not at all around the sides and bottom.  

perhaps I need smaller gauge. 

Edited by 3djedi

I found a sheet of paper that was .003" and unlocked the slide. Inserted the paper and closed the slide. The paper was stuck in between the slide and comp.  

Being new to open, this is not something I thought to check. I would think the builder would though.