Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics nationals live coverage?

ngodwetrust21

9 hours ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

Anyone know if they are doing live coverage of this anywhere? I didn't see anything on liveshots.

I shutdown the live coverage after 2016 Production Nats... I will just be doing  photos from now on, hoping to get some pictures at A3 and A4, and I might make the trip to Limited Nationals if work permits,

16 hours ago, BritinUSA said:

I shutdown the live coverage after 2016 Production Nats... I will just be doing  photos from now on, hoping to get some pictures at A3 and A4, and I might make the trip to Limited Nationals if work permits,

Not criticizing in the least, Paul - but curious.  Why?

Lots of reasons; I've been doing this for five years, 26 matches including 17 Nationals and a World Shoot. I've recorded over 6000 stage runs, it's exhausting work and trying to do live video while also taking photos is taxing to say the least.

At many Nationals, top competitors are now shooting on different squads on different days and that requires more work on behalf of anyone that provides coverage of these matches.

I stopped writing articles at the end of 2015, I don't have good writing skills anyway so that was no major loss to the sport. Other writers are now covering the matches and that's a good thing for everyone,

My plan moving forward is to focus on photographs for the sponsors so they can get some decent down-range shots of their competitors and get some small return on their investment in the sport.

I don't think that USPSA HQ or BOD has ever cared that much about LiveShots, so shutting it down likely won't cause them any concern.

22 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Lots of reasons; I've been doing this for five years, 26 matches including 17 Nationals and a World Shoot. I've recorded over 6000 stage runs, it's exhausting work and trying to do live video while also taking photos is taxing to say the least.

At many Nationals, top competitors are now shooting on different squads on different days and that requires more work on behalf of anyone that provides coverage of these matches.

I stopped writing articles at the end of 2015, I don't have good writing skills anyway so that was no major loss to the sport. Other writers are now covering the matches and that's a good thing for everyone,

My plan moving forward is to focus on photographs for the sponsors so they can get some decent down-range shots of their competitors and get some small return on their investment in the sport.

I don't think that USPSA HQ or BOD has ever cared that much about LiveShots, so shutting it down likely won't cause them any concern.

For what it is worth, I really appreciated the LiveShots coverage. Thanks for doing that as long as you did! 

was there a survey posted for equipment in the Optics Nationals?  It was interesting to see the results of pistols and optics used, and the combinations.  I figure PCC and Open will be a wide selection of manufacturers, but mostly curious of Carry Optics.