Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kudos to STI

Bkreutz

Was shooting a match Tues night, was having difficulty with loading a mag into my Trubor, wouldn't go all the way in. Went to a safe area and found that the mag catch was going too far right and was partially protruding out of the grip, couldn't take it apart because I didn't have a T9 wrench to remove the mag button. Later the same evening at home, took the mag catch out, reassembled it into the grip and was pushing it in while watching the other side, boing.... the catch and spring bounces off my face (glasses actually). Upon looking at the grip a bit closer, I could see that the plastic had split allowing the catch to push through. After finding the spring and catch (thanks to my wife's sharp eyes), I go online to STI's warranty area, filled out the form. Nothing yesterday but today, STI called and said they would be sending out a new grip immediately, no hassle, didn't want the old part. This was a pleasant surprise after my last warranty fiasco with S&W(a whole 'nother story:angry:) Picture of the failure (STI didn't even want to see the picture).

damaged mag catch hole.JPG

I also just had a warranty contact with sti. At about 5k thru my dvc barrel the comp cracked. No issue from them, shipping label sent and headed to them for repair. I'd rather not have the issue, but I'm very happy with their response to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I've owned two TruBors for past ten years, and never had a problem,

but it's reassuring that they will cover it if I ever do    :) 

I bought this gun in Sept of last year, I figure it was a defect in the molding process.