Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 Nitride at Hinterland In Stock

SlvrDragon50

1 minute ago, hurley326 said:

Black and gray have polycoat OVER the nitride. All guns are nitride then they inspect. Those with imperfections from machining become black and gray versions bc the polycoat covers those imperfections. It's applied over the nitride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My head hurts:huh:

What's the advantage of having only nitride, compared to nitride and polycoat? 

25 minutes ago, WiII said:

My head hurts:huh:

What's the advantage of having only nitride, compared to nitride and polycoat? 

There is no "advantage"...

imagine every gun is done with all nitride. They come off production line and are inspected. Lots of them have imperfections in the metal like divots or small indentations chips etc. these don't look pretty right? Well those go to where they get a layer of poly coat slapped on top of them. Polycoat masks all these imperfections visually. It's a thicker coating where the nitride is just a process for the metal not a coating. Get it now? Polycoat makes the otherwise inferior quality pistols, up to standard again.

1 hour ago, adamge said:

hurley, how about other question that Will asked, what is the advantage to nitride frame?  I think the answer is that the nitride is more wear resistant?

The advantage is that it likely has fewer imperfections. Both frames are nitrided. The "Black" is just poly'd on top.