Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newbie Intro

jdm77

Hello all,

So here is my intro, I am 39 years old and an avid outdoorsman from the Great state of Texas. I love hunting, especially chasing elk out West with my bow. But I also love shooting, in shooting I love long guns and handguns. My current go-to's are my 300 win mag built just like the rifle the American Hero Chris Kyle used and hand guns Sig P226 Blackwater and Kimber pro covert Ii. I really miss the competition in my younger years and want to take my love of shooting and compete. I was fortunate growing up with my friends dad was a Justice of the Peace and he enabled us to shoot with a lot of LEOs on their training courses which I miss. So I have decided to learn the world of competition shooting and would appreciate all of the guidance you will give me. I am really attracted to the Open class and would like to learn. I am a complete newbie when it comes to it and don't no where to start. I spoke with SVI today and they have a 12 - 15 month wait, so I figured I could cut my teeth in production with what I currently own??? I am from Texas but work out of state in Georgia so I need to try and find a place in Georgia or South Carolina to learn. I would like to meet and/or have a mentor to guide me through the process. Thanks in advance for all the guidance you guys can provide... Jeremy

Welcome to the forums Jeremy. I certainly recommend you start with the equipment you have, see what others are using and they'll nearly always let you try their gear. That way you can make an informed decision and hopefully avoid expensive purchasing mistakes, and figure out what division(s) you want to shoot. Best of luck!