Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FrankinSig

BASE772

With the help of another member of this forum I was able to upgrade my "Open" minor SIG. 

Haven't shot it with the compensator yet.  But excited to do so! ?

Done well with it last year without one.  So hoping for very little dot movement. 

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

You may actually need to switch powders to get the most out of your comp.  HS6 is/was popular with some Open guys I know for the amount of gas it produces, which is useful for the comp.

Actually that comp works pretty good with "normal" powders used for minor. But it will get better with more gas to a point. Once you pass that point there will not be enough energy to cycle the slide. Reguardless of recoil spring weight. 

Edited by staudacher

Going to start with what I have powder wise. Prima V and WST.  I really like Prima V because it seems to burn completely and very, very clean. Will be a work in progress. 

Even with a Major compensator I could tell a difference with Titegroup loads. That's a minor Comp.

Getting 12,000 SNS 125 grain bullets this weekend. ? So will have a lot to play with. I've found that I like the .357 diameter coated bullets in my Sigs.  Leaves the barrels like a mirror. 

Edited by BASE772

2 hours ago, Sig0431 said:

Very nice! What all went into making this work out?

I bought two Sigs to make this gun. Legion SAO and a MK25RX.  But,...SIG has the P226RX SAO on their price list now. Put some Hogue G-10 grips  (SRT kit if needed) and a flat trigger if that's what you want and your ready.  Buy a threaded barrel and PM a member on this forum and you have what I have. 

I did do some polishing of trigger component parts and put in a 17/19# hammer spring in.  Not much difference in the two so I stayed with the 19#.  I like a 3 to 3 1/2 lb trigger. 

So you a Red Patcher?

Edited by BASE772

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, BASE772 said:

I bought two Sigs to make this gun. Legion SAO and a MK25RX.  But,...SIG has the P226RX SAO on their price list now. Put some Hogue G-10 grips  (SRT kit if needed) and a flat trigger if that's what you want and your ready.  Buy a threaded barrel and PM a member on this forum and you have what I have. 

I did do some polishing of trigger component parts and put in a 17/19# hammer spring in.  Not much difference in the two so I stayed with the 19#.  I like a 3 to 3 1/2 lb trigger. 

So you a Red Patcher?

Nice set up. Was just curious to see how it all went together. Red Patcher?? God no haha. Work with them often but that MOS seems to be loosing credibility. I can see them merging with the 0431 Embarkation and Logistics MOS in years to come, it makes sense and would benefit the Fleet Marine Force for sure. Were you a Red Patcher?

15 minutes ago, chopinlover said:

Really? "Open minor"? It does create some disadvantages over major, right?

Only if you don't shoot Alphas. I've only had a couple stages I thought It was a disadvantage.  The ones I shot sloppy.  

IMO the biggest disadvantage would be for the Open Classifiers. 

19 minutes ago, BASE772 said:

Only if you don't shoot Alphas. I've only had a couple stages I thought It was a disadvantage.  The ones I shot sloppy.  

IMO the biggest disadvantage would be for the Open Classifiers. 

IMHO you should just jump on a laser gun instead... Doesn't cost much more than what you have for now (maybe doubled only? lol), much better performance

10 hours ago, librarian45 said:

i had no idea that a SAO p226 with red-dot cut was coming.

I bought a Legion SAO but had I known...

I'm sure they will have a 226/Romeo conversion kit.  But when,...?

27 minutes ago, BASE772 said:

I'm sure they will have a 226/Romeo conversion kit.  But when,...?

i sorta wish they were doing this all differently.

a p226 with a dot NOT_SAO would be great for USPSA production.

a p226 SAO in 40 would be awesome for USPSA limited.

I suppose a p226 can handle 9mm major OK for open?

turns out i could probably use this in CO...

pix281664965.jpg

Edited by librarian45

I don't think I would risk 9mm Major out of a MK25.  From what I've read, slight differences in seating depth can cause massive increases in chamber pressure with 9 Major.  Sigs can generally be loaded pretty long, but you WILL shorten the life of your gun.  Especially if you can't find a recoil spring suitable for keeping the slide from hammering the locking insert.  There's a thread with some info on 9mm Major and associated pressure levels in the reloading section:

http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/80070-9mm-major-pressure-levels/