Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kaydin 2009-2017 My best friend

Round_Gun_Shooter

In December of 2008 I began a search for a dog for me.  I had specific wants.  I wanted a Corgi, had to be a fluffy and I wanted a male. 
I put out feelers in Corgi groups and a woman from New Jersey pointed me to a breeder in North Carolina.  I was given the phone number and I called.

The very nice Gentleman I spoke with had a Fluffy 4 month old male Corgi he was trying to place.  We corresponded back and forth and first week of June 2009, the little guy took a plane ride from NC to Providence.

My Daughter Amanda went with me to pick him up.  Kaydin (originally Trevor) was the hit of the baggage area. 

It took a couple days to change his name from Trevor to Kaydin.  As a Welsh dog, I wanted him to have a Welsh name.  Kaydin means Warrior/Companion.  He was all of that.

Over the years, he has become my best friend (Next to my wife) and my shadow.  I always joked I should have named him Shadow because he was always wherever I was.  Either in front, leading the way or behind herding me where he felt I should be going.

In the last few days, Kaydin had an issue three vets had suspected was neck.  He was taken to the Foster Hospital for Small Animals at the Tufts School of Veterinary Medicine for diagnosis and treatment.

Today I lost my dear friend and companion Kaydin to a rapid moving brain issue.  He was the best companion a Man could have and although there was no question he was my Dog, he loved everyone and gave all the attention they deserved.

Kaydin, I will miss you.  Your buck tooth Corgi smile, your scary blue eye, and the way you always knew what I needed.

Play with the Sinclair Dogs that went before you at the Rainbow Bridge and someday, we will cross together.  I will miss you forever.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals that had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

KAYDIN PUPPY 02.JPG

20140912_103014_resized.jpg

So sorry for your loss, Gary...The downside to pet ownership is that we live longer than the fuzzy lil' guys who worm their way into our hearts...But the love they give and the companionship they provide outweigh that one disadvantage...I hope you'll take comfort in knowing he's not in any pain or discomfort any more and that you'll remember the good times you had together with great fondness...