Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Belt/holster/pouches: CR Speed/ bladetech combo?

JeremiahD

This is, of course, the requisite newbie equipment post. :)  

For what its worth, I HAVE  used the search function, read the old posts, and spent the last week or two plowing through manufacturers websites, etc Since a lot of the info I found via search is a bit older I thought I'd ask for opinions on what I've come up with. I need to quit using my leather galco carry rig. Its slowing me down, and I should put it back on easy 'daily carry' duty anyway.

I have been looking for a USPSA single stack legal setup for the colt commander (4.25") I am aware of the height requirement, trigger guard etc.  Also need a decent belt and quality mag pouches. I don't mind spending for quality but I'd rather not have to sell a kidney. (I'm saving my kidneys for ammo $$)

So far, the best return on investment seems to be CR Speed versa mag pouches with 1911 mag spacers mounted on a CR Speed hi-torque belt. Should be about a $225 investment but I suspect it would last me through my first few years well.  When I move on from my commander to a dedicated play gun, I assume I can just swap the inserts and replace the holster and be good to go 

For a holster the general consensus seems to be bladetech is the best bang for the buck, so...  This one?

http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_24&osCsid=n2lenc9f7efitve4vvngvemtt5#.WNMoOlUrJhE

Am I on the right track?  I'm guessing $300 out the door/shipped/tax which seems a bit much but again I want it to work and I want it to last.  Opinions..?  Better options?

What say you, wise masses?

Amazon sells Blade-Tech belt for a decent price, might even be able to find a holster on there also. The CR Speed mag pouches come with different inserts for the mags. The inserts for single stack are around $6 each from Dawson

i like and have a few of those blade-tech "classic" holsters you referenced.  i like the ASR belt loop attachment for their holsters over the teklok, but use tekloks for the blade-tech mag pouches.

i also use and like the versa mag pouches but haven't tried them for single stack.

i have a couple of the double alpha double belts and one of the shooters connection generic ones, they're all good.

call shooters connection and see if they have a brianenos forum discount.  they have lots of good stuff and ship super fast.  dawson also has a lot of good stuff and i think free shipping.

5 hours ago, devoldog1775 said:

I'd go with the Ben Stoeger Boss setup w/ bladetech on a DAA belt. There's not a more stable holster platform out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had been looking at those and passed up on them thinking the hanger was a no-no in Single Stack.  Can they be configured to meet the "front strap at or above the top of the belt" restriction?

Suitable for everyday use. "Race gun" type holster prohibited.

•Must carry pistol so that the entire front strap (to the trigger guard) is at or above the top of the belt. Female shooters must carry the pistol no lower than the heel of the butt at the top of the belt.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:13 AM, devoldog1775 said:

I'd go with the Ben Stoeger Boss setup w/ bladetech on a DAA belt. There's not a more stable holster platform out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I am almost certainly going that route. Just have to decide on the Ghost or DAA mag pouches.