Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DNROI Interpretation vs NROI Consensus

d_striker

Rather than one individual making an interpretation, wouldn't it make sense for all of the NROI Instructors to discuss as a panel and come to a consensus?

It seems silly to have one person as the absolute arbiter...Especially on some matters that may not be so black and white.  Or the fact that one DNROI's interpretation may contradict a previous DNROI's interpretation or future DNROI interpretations.

This has nothing to do with any specific DNROI and is not meant to disparage anyone.  Just questioning the structure and protocol.

Edited by d_striker

I know for a fact that the DNROI, both past and present, has sought information, opinion, and guidance prior to issuing an official opinion. While Troy and I have strongly disagreed on particular issues, he has never exhibited a "my way or the highway" attitude.

When push comes to shove someone has to make a decision. That job falls to the DNROI.

43 minutes ago, Gary Stevens said:

I know for a fact that the DNROI, both past and present, has sought information, opinion, and guidance prior to issuing an official opinion. While Troy and I have strongly disagreed on particular issues, he has never exhibited a "my way or the highway" attitude.

When push comes to shove someone has to make a decision. That job falls to the DNROI.

4 minutes ago, George Jones said:

What he said.

Although it is invisible to the membership. the DNROI solicits opinions on all these issues prior to issuing an interpretation.

That's good to know.  Thanks for sharing.

23 minutes ago, George Jones said:

What he said.

Although it is invisible to the membership. the DNROI solicits opinions on all these issues prior to issuing an interpretation.

And DNROI then briefs the Board, who have a certain time period to object/vote -- right?  

So, not only are the RMIs consulted, but the process is then vetted by the BOD.....

Interpretations seem to happen pretty quick.  For instance, anytime someone emails DNROI for an interpretation of an existing rule, he's pretty quick to respond.

Are we talking about rulings or interpretations with regard to DNROI consulting NROI?

Troy also seeks out opinions, from time-to-time, not only from his Instructor Corps, but from ALL of his RMs as well.  He definitely does NOT make his decisions in a vacuum.  We don't always agree along the process, but in the end, we all support the final decision.