Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow springs

Will2K

I'm hoping to lighten some springs on a stock shadow. Thinking about going with 15 or 13 lb main spring and same for the recoil spring. Do I also need a lighter firing pin spring or an extended firing pin or will the stock ones work? I just started reloading for 9mm as well and have 2000 federal blue box primers on hand. Would also still like to retain possibility to reliably shoot factory... what do do you all think?

I have a shadow custom from Czc. It came with 11lb recoil and 13lb mainspring along with a reduced power firing pin spring and extended firing pin.

It was flawless with factory ammo (Speer lawman was flawless, uses CCI primers I think). But was having issues with other reloads mostly CCI and Winchester.

I've recently switched to federal primers only and even small rifle ones go bang all the time. Not a single malfunction in 1000 primers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All I load is WSP and my CZ shadow from CZ Custom lights them all off.

I also have about 20k through it and have never changed any of the springs. I really need to go in and replace them all just haven't been paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go to Cajun gun works and buy their recoil spring pack. From memory 10 or 11lb was what I settled on. For the main spring their 8.5lb combined with their extended firing pin and light firing pin spring will light off federal. The 11lb main spring with the same extended fp and light fp spring will light off factory too. 

• 2 months later...

What is the benefit to switching to the floating trigger pin?  I'm planning on buying the tuner's pack from CGW along with the extended firing pin/spring and just wondering if I should consider adding this to my cart.  

• 3 weeks later...

Went with the 13lb in my SP01 before, but just recently changed to 11lb and really enjoy how it shoots. Brass definitely elects further, but seems to be within 10ft.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...