Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC hard on Red Dots?

Try one of the Sightmark's... I like the circle/dot/red combo, visible in the bright Arizona sun.  These are inexpensive and hold up well (lifetime warranty , save receipt)..... Used on my Vepr 12 gauge and CZ Scorpion carbine. (my son and my shooting buddy's CZ Scorpion's both use the Vortex Spitfire (Etched reticule / dot  visible even without battery turned on and GREAT if you have astigmatism ). I bought one and could not get it sighted in (this one would not allow the vertical adjustment  to go down for sight in purposes, both of theirs were just fine?, Go figure....

I  find an open glass gives a better view, quickly.

If you reload, consider tuning your loads to your gun.  Initially I tried the reloads I typically run in a Glock 17 and Glock 34.  In my PCC the PF increased from 135 to 147.  Recoil at apf 147 was more than in my match ARs.

I dropped the powder charge to PF 132.  Less recoil with great accuracy and the same aluminum framed C-More Slideride for the past 2000 rds.

Bill

4 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

If you reload, consider tuning your loads to your gun.  Initially I tried the reloads I typically run in a Glock 17 and Glock 34.  In my PCC the PF increased from 135 to 147.  Recoil at apf 147 was more than in my match ARs.

I dropped the powder charge to PF 132.  Less recoil with great accuracy and the same aluminum framed C-More Slideride for the past 2000 rds.

Bill

Flatland Shooter - Which PCC are you running?

PSA AR9 with 16" barrel.  Bone stock except for red dot, Hiperfire 24c, KNS pin set and a bmiller aluminum magwell.

Shot around 2000 rds and had my first malfuntion last weekend.  It was in the middle of a stage so cleared it quickly and did not take time to see what went wrong.  So far it has not repeated.

I like them so much I have another on order.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I guess it depends on what you consider "cheaper".  Initially I was using an $89 Primary Arms micro dot.  It ran just fine on my PCC for about 2K rounds.  Prior to that it was used on an AR15.  Only reason I stopped using it on my PCC was because I like the more open sight picture of a C-More.  

I have a C-More on a 38 super race gun, M&P 15-22 and a Wilson AR9. No problems with any of them after 10,000 plus through the race gun and several thousand rounds through the carbines. They are especially easy to pick up while shooting the 15-22 and AR9. Well worth the money.

• 3 weeks later...

I run 2 PCC's a .45 and a 9mm.  Between the two of them I have killed 3 red dots so far, in the last 6 months.  One of those dots lived through thousands of rounds on a 5.56 gun before I moved it.  When it died, I figured it was just old, but the 2 new replacements disabused me of that theory.  Typically I am all about generic Chinese junk reddots that can be had for very little $$ and by in large I still am, but I have upgraded the 45 to a Vortex, and I am shopping for another for when I kill this $20 amazon special thats on the 9...  In the meantime, I am practicing how to shoot the gun without a dot...

Edited by barrysuperhawk
On 3/23/2017 at 8:50 AM, Old3GNR said:

I put a C-More on my new JP GMR13.  I have a C-More on a 9 x 23 Race gun.  I had an issue with the lens shooting loose @ 19,000 rounds.  C-More fixed it and the gun  now had 69,000 rounds on it.

My thoughts exactly if it will hold up to an open gun the recoil impulse of a 9mm carbine is nothing. 

I've seen multiple videos of Red dots falling off PCCs and broken off brand triggers now as a result of the extra sharp recoil from a blowback gun. It's not as violent as a shotgun I don't think but it's way worse then a .223 which most of us are used to.  If you run cheap junk be prepared.

The C-More on my PCC has a 12 MOA dot on it, same as on my 10/22 SC race rifle. When you are shooting steel the bigger the dot the better. When shooting paper I would not go above 8 MOA and more likely would use 6 MOA. But I don't shoot non-steel matches these days.

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2017 at 1:13 PM, photoracer said:

I use primarily C-Mores on everything except a 986 (FF3) and a G34 (RMR). I have had more issues with Trijicons than C-Mores. So I have 5 C-Mores and only one RMR.

Which model of c more do you prefer? Do you have an aluminum model? If you do, do you think it's worth the extra money vs the polymer model?

Edited by MRBACKHAND

Hello: Just get the plastic C-More with a 6MOA dot and a mount. I am using only plastic C-Mores on my PCC's and they are holding up just fine. I just switched to an aluminum one on my open pistol but actually like the plastic ones better. I am not sure if it is the weight or the lens just being a little smaller. Thanks, Eric

I'm with GJGary and MIke NM.  I've run cheap red dots for years on a PCC without a single problem.  I think the following statement is more Internet rumor than fact:  "harder recoil on a blowback and "cheaper" red dots."  A 9mm PCC doesn't have that much recoil.

3 hours ago, Tampaxd45 said:

A 9mm PCC doesn't have that much recoil.

Unless you are shooting factory ammo or reloads with high (over 150) power factors.

Tried some WWB and my Production / Carry Optics loads when I first got the gun.  Lots more felt recoil than my match .223 carbines.