Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New shooter from Ohio

jholley07

I just started shooting USPSA for the first time this year in Carry Optics division and am already looking at moving to Open division. Any tips, tricks, advise, and or conversation are welcome. I look forward to gaining much experience and enjoyment from this sport.

Where in Ohio? I'm the Section Coordinator for Southern Ohio and I'm here to help if you are in my neck of the woods. The guys up north are OK too I guess. :)

Just so you know, once you move to Open you'll never want to shoot anything else! Open is such a rush!!

Welcome to the forums and the addiction!

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

Where in Ohio? I'm the Section Coordinator for Southern Ohio and I'm here to help if you are in my neck of the woods. The guys up north are OK too I guess. :)

Just so you know, once you move to Open you'll never want to shoot anything else! Open is such a rush!!

Welcome to the forums and the addiction!

I'm from Gallipolis. I appreciate the offer for sure I'm sure I could use a lot of it lol. My friend Cody Baker is the one that's talked me into it and that's exactly what he said from the start. 

1 hour ago, jholley07 said:

I'm from Gallipolis. I appreciate the offer for sure I'm sure I could use a lot of it lol. My friend Cody Baker is the one that's talked me into it and that's exactly what he said from the start. 

I know Cody. He's a rising star. :)

8 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I know Cody. He's a rising star. :)

Yeah he's definitely good lol. Where are you located at in Ohio? I'm looking for more places to shoot so I can get some real seat time.

9 hours ago, jholley07 said:

Yeah he's definitely good lol. Where are you located at in Ohio? I'm looking for more places to shoot so I can get some real seat time.

Unfortunately for you most of the Southern clubs are clustered in the Southwest around Cincinnati with another located in Circleville. I am near Cincinnati myself. For you I'm guessing PCSI in Circleville is closest. Also check out Briar Rabbit in Zanesville. 

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Unfortunately for you most of the Southern clubs are clustered in the Southwest around Cincinnati with another located in Circleville. I am near Cincinnati myself. For you I'm guessing PCSI in Circleville is closest. Also check out Briar Rabbit in Zanesville. 

I've shot at PCSI and I'm going to shoot at Briar Rabbit next month and in the blast. I'd be willing to travel to the Cincinnati area to shoot.

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

MRPC this weekend! Might be raining a little but its a good match!!

I'm shooting Putnam county this weekend. Could you send me a list of a few clubs I could look up on practiscore?

1 hour ago, jholley07 said:

I'm shooting Putnam county this weekend. Could you send me a list of a few clubs I could look up on practiscore?

Pickaway county (PCSI) is near Circleville.                1st Saturday

Oxford IWLA is in Oxford OH                                     1st Sunday      

Clinton county Farmers is near Lebanon.                  2nd Saturday

Miamisburg Sportsmens club is up near Dayton.       3rd Sunday

Miamii Rifle and Pistol club (MRPC) is near Milford.   4th Sunday

11 hours ago, Sarge said:

Pickaway county (PCSI) is near Circleville.                1st Saturday

Oxford IWLA is in Oxford OH                                     1st Sunday      

Clinton county Farmers is near Lebanon.                  2nd Saturday

Miamisburg Sportsmens club is up near Dayton.       3rd Sunday

Miamii Rifle and Pistol club (MRPC) is near Milford.   4th Sunday

Thanks I'll give those a look.

6 hours ago, jholley07 said:

No I haven't yet. Circleville is as far north as I've made it.

I grew up shooting in northeast ohio (didn't compete there) but now I live and shoot in SC.   Much warmer weather down here. =)