Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jesse James 1911s and ARs

MrPostman

He must be a busy fella!  He spends his weekends at the drag strips across the country following his wife, Alexis, who drives a Top Fuel Funny Car in the NHRA Mello Yello series for a living!

Edited by Alan550
spelling

His 1911s are a work of art, specially the damascus one he did by folding the layers himself.  I've been following him on instagram for a while.  But I'll never purchase one, I know they are in a price point only a few companies work with.   They are more BBQ guns than range/competition stuff in my mind. 

IMG_2035.JPG.3286b4ebeb29aadb2595beb9d73522ab.JPG

Yep that sucker is sharp, don't know why he decided to use a DVC barrel in it. He should have bought a threaded barrel and made a comp from Damascus steel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

These current guns look better than the first guns that were shown originally when he started out.  He defiantly has his own style all to himself. The price I have a problem with is the 12.5k rifle, I just can't see why it's that high.

Rich

Edited by RIIID

These current guns look better than the first guns that were shown originally when he started out.  He defiantly has his own style all to himself. The price I have a problem with is the 12.5k rifle, I just can't see why it's that high.
Rich

I agree about the 12.5k rifle. I watched a video on how he got started building guns. Basically he decided he could build one better than the ones he was buying, so he built one and posted some pics on twitter. He got a call from from some saudi prince that wanted 3 of the same gun, Jesse said well they are $25k each, the prince said no problem so then Jesse said well I guess I am in the gun business now....lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If the guy can make a living doing what he loves to do, more power to him. His prices seem outrageous, but i can't fault him for other people willing to pay it.  No question the guy has some serious talent working with metal.