Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm 1/2x36 Miculek style comp

I just purchased this one, independently of this thread, and I am SUPER happy with it.  It does not do much for minimum power factor puff loads, is almost noticible with factory winchester 115s, but is actually good with winchester 124 +P NATO and really likes full on 9mm major loads.for a $20 INCLUDING a crush washer, I couldn't be happier.  It is noticably louder across the board, and I and my PACT time picked up every shot, outdoors, when clipped to the back of my belt, even with the puff loads. - which was my actual goal.

Based on the insanely low price I got one last week. Shot it today in steel challenge, and worked great. Worked as good or better than the JP tactical brake I was using. Thumbs up from me (whatever that's worth).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 3/24/2017 at 8:10 PM, barrysuperhawk said:

I just purchased this one, independently of this thread ..............   It is noticably louder across the board, and I and my PACT time picked up every shot, outdoors, when clipped to the back of my belt, even with the puff loads. - which was my actual goal.

I'm glad to hear that. Mine should be delivered sometime this week.

I'm getting a little tired of reshoots due my powder puff loads.  Everything is well tuned and I don't really need one that reduces dot movement over what I already have.

Bill

For those with the sound issue, during stage briefing, or at some point before "Make Ready," make sure the RO knows how to adjust the sensitivity of the timer.  We are timing unbraked (and sometimes suppressed!) .22 carbines at Steel Challenge using the same timers as any found in the USPSA world.  It's not a big deal.  Granted, it's a lot easier at a Steel Challenge match to hold the timer closer to the shooter, too; but timer sensitivity is a big issue, and it's adjustable!  It won't take very long for an RO to learn what sensitivity works well on a carbine and still doesn't pick up shots next door.

While it's nice that you can put on a brake to make it easier, you also can't tell a new shooter that he HAS to put a brake on his gun because no one knows how to adjust the timer.

Edited by MAC702