Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got mine!.....

B_RAD

It's not that heavy!....... yeah right!  

Trigger isn't bad at all. DA is 8 lb 6 oz.  While a little  heavier than you'd want, it's not bad because of how smooth it is. The pull does feel a tad longer than either of my other shadows but is smooth!  

SA is a crisp 3 lb 3 oz.  I'm not getting creep in SA at all. It's actually better than either of my Shadow Orange or Accu Shadow. Reset is the shortest I've felt on any Shadow. 

Grip feels like my Tanfo.  I'm gonna put some VZ diamond back palm swells on it. Not a fan of thin grips.  I was shooting to the left but think it may have been my grip since I'm used to thicker grips. 

For me, all I may do is put a different hammer spring in it. Try to get the DA around 6.5 lbs. 

Other than that I really think this gun is ready out of the box.  

IMG_3515.JPG

Woot!! Congrats. Yeah, if you're not being super picky it really si pretty good to go right outta the box.

(I pushed my sight to the right as I too was shooting left on mine quite a bit.)

7 minutes ago, Quack said:

Lies, all lies.

{Keeps saying it to myself to hold out for a nitride model}. LOL

I got a call about one of those today. 

Trying to decide if I need two. Uh,.... yeah!

10 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Woot!! Congrats. Yeah, if you're not being super picky it really si pretty good to go right outta the box.

(I pushed my sight to the right as I too was shooting left on mine quite a bit.)

I've read that on some guns the SA has some creep but I seriously can't feel it on my S2. I've felt a lot of creep on other shadows but this S2 is pretty crisp. There's more intital take up until you get to the wall but the break is short and crisp. Maybe it's just the one I got. 

The only thing I'm not really digging so far is the new slide profile and cocking serrations. In combination I find it more difficult to rack the slide. Maybe a 11# recoil spring will help. Right now I'm thinking clearing a malfunction would be a pain!

The mag button is sweet! I just took a peak inside with the slide off but I'm digging the little tab on the inside that separates the mag release spring and doesn't allow it to go in too far and hang up a mag.  Looks like there's no more need to bend it. 

12 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Reset is the shortest I've felt on any Shadow. 

How short is the pre travel? Any concerns that you will let a shot go a smidge too soon now and then?

That is the only thing I'm cautious about in regard to buying an S2, I like just a bit of pre-travel.

Perhaps there is an easy way to add some pre-travel though? 

Really great photo!!

Edited by IHAVEGAS

9 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

How short is the pre travel? Any concerns that you will let a shot go a smidge too soon now and then?

That is the only thing I'm cautious about in regard to buying an S2, I like just a bit of pre-travel.

Perhaps there is an easy way to add some pre-travel though? 

Really great photo!!

Not sure how to answer that. 

In SA there is take up to get to the break point or the wall (as I call it). Then the break is short and crisp on this gun. I've shot other shadow 1's that had a lot of sear movement or creep before the hammer fell.  This S2 doesn't have that. 

I prefer the crisp break with no creep. I think the more crisp the less chance for an early break. Though, if you got a supper light break it can still go off too early if you're not careful. 

So, if you got two identical guns and they break at the same pull weight (e.g. 3.5#) but one has more creep, I think that one would be more likely to go early. 

Its kinda like it rolls instead of breaks. 

Not sure if I described that very well?  

10 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Not sure how to answer that. 

In SA there is take up to get to the break point or the wall (as I call it).

Now we are talking the same lingo :) . 

I do not do well with guns that have near zero take up/pre-travel. I suspect that when the adrenaline is flowing I tend to prep the trigger before aiming is complete. 

So that is what I was nosy about, take up distance. 

24 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Now we are talking the same lingo :) . 

I do not do well with guns that have near zero take up/pre-travel. I suspect that when the adrenaline is flowing I tend to prep the trigger before aiming is complete. 

So that is what I was nosy about, take up distance. 

Gotcha. 

Yes. This one seems to have more than my other S1's do.