Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When to upgrade to a new gun?

AzNooB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, lfine said:

Just curious-in what way is the P10C uncomfortable to shoot? Ergonomics? Trigger?

The back left edge of the "beaver tail" under the rearmost pin basically rests on the right side of my strong hand (right) first thumb knuckle. After about 200-300 rounds im literally bleeding. 

The grip texture is fine, in fact I added talons to the sides because they werent aggressive enough.

Edited by nick779

11 minutes ago, nick779 said:

The back left edge of the "beaver tail" under the rearmost pin basically rests on the right side of my strong hand (right) first thumb knuckle. After about 200-300 rounds im literally bleeding. 

The grip texture is fine, in fact I added talons to the sides because they werent aggressive enough.

Uh, i already have a big callus there from my Sp01 Shadow.  :(

Do the Talons stay in place without them beeing wrapped around the grip? Could you upload a picture?

6 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

Uh, i already have a big callus there from my Sp01 Shadow.  :(

Do the Talons stay in place without them beeing wrapped around the grip? Could you upload a picture?

Ill try to get a pic up later tonight. They mold pretty nicely into the side grip texture. They havent peeled up at all for me yet after ~700 rounds.

On 3/15/2019 at 7:09 AM, nick779 said:

The back left edge of the "beaver tail" under the rearmost pin basically rests on the right side of my strong hand (right) first thumb knuckle.

Round that corner off with a dremel and then wet-sand it back smooth. Legal in Production and Carry Optics these days. 👍

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Round that corner off with a dremel and then wet-sand it back smooth. Legal in Production and Carry Optics these days. 👍

Ive thought about it, im just afraid of weakening the frame too much. If you look in the pic above. Its close to where the talon material is which is just a hair forward of that pin.

I might try it, not sure yet. Im leaning more towards selling it for a P-07 or something with an optic mount. Im going to wait until my shadow comes in and I have some trigger time on that. Its going to ruin every other trigger for me though haha.

13 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

Looks nice!

How did you cut it? While taped on the gun, or before the taping?  

Trial and error. I bought raw Talon material sheets, cut a rough oversized shape and slowly trimmed it down until it was about what I wanted. Then I attached it to the grip after a thorough cleaning. 

23 hours ago, nick779 said:

Trial and error. I bought raw Talon material sheets, cut a rough oversized shape and slowly trimmed it down until it was about what I wanted. Then I attached it to the grip after a thorough cleaning. 

Okay, i´ll try that too. Thanks Nick!

On 3/18/2019 at 8:48 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Funny you should say that because im thinking of getting it milled after my S2 comes in.