Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Replace with #6 or #8

bandw1dth

As we all ( most ) know 9mm and 357sig generally ship with #8 rear and #8 front sights. While .40 and 45 generally ship with #8 rear and #6 front.

Whale, I've got myself a P320C chambered in 9mm that's got #8 rear and #6 front.

I'm about to swap the stock sights out for some Ameriglo Proglo sights and am unsure which set to order, the set with the #8 or #6 front. I love using sight picture #2 and this is where rounds currently land.

So what does the hive mind say?

Get the .40 / 45 set with the #6 front?

Or

Get the 9mm / 357sig set with the typical #8 front?efa1d97640d45391fc7e91b31554c4a6.jpg

Shoot the 320 and see where it prints for you, then make your decision.  

Some of the 320s were coming from the factory shooting a bit high.  The #6, being the taller of the two factory options, I suspect was to help alleviate that.  But regardless, it's going to come down to how YOUR pistol prints.  And what projectile you're planning on using, etc...  My 320 prints at the top of the front sight with 8/8s with a 124 grain bullet.  

Thanks for the reply. I've got several thousand rounds through this compact 320 with my 125gr blue bullet reloads and using sight image 2 ( my preferred sight picture) rounds land right at the top of the front sight blade. My goal is to swap the sights and keep the current sight picture.

I went ahead and ordered just the #6 Ameriglo front sight SG-212-230. Once that shows up and I get around to the install we'll see if sight picture is the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as a heads up, some of the aftermarket companies making "8/8" sights aren't the same height as stock Sig 8/8 sights.  The overall point of impact will (or should) be the same, but IIRC Ameriglows, both front and rear, are taller.  So it can be a problem if you're mix and matching.  Again, just FYI.  

Just as a heads up, some of the aftermarket companies making "8/8" sights aren't the same height as stock Sig 8/8 sights.  The overall point of impact will (or should) be the same, but IIRC Ameriglows, both front and rear, are taller.  So it can be a problem if you're mix and matching.  Again, just FYI.  

Thanks for the heads up

To throw another factor at you, some companies list the sight dimensions including the height of the dovetail (again, like Ameriglo IIRC) and some list them as only the blade height.  This can obviously cause issues to the consumer too.    

To throw another factor at you, some companies list the sight dimensions including the height of the dovetail (again, like Ameriglo IIRC) and some list them as only the blade height.  This can obviously cause issues to the consumer too.    

Yes I've most definitely noticed that.

• 1 month later...

What did you decide on? My P320 C groups with sight picture #2 which I like with the 8 rear and 6 front in 9mm. I'm looking for aftermarket sights with more air between the rear and front. Any suggestions? My stock contrast sights are zeroed at 15  yards perfectly.