Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate when fools open carry!

mvslay

Obviously, I'm pro 2A, I'm also an advocate of CCW.  I have no problem with someone having a holstered pistol around their kids or mine if they are responsible.  I also live in a shall issue State where $25, backround check, and a pulse will get you a CCW.  Oh, and if you drive anywhere you already have to have that CCW to enter your vehicle even if it is open carried.  So that being said, I turn around in the electronics department  at Wal-Mart and my 3 year old and are in arms length of a guy leaned over his basket, with an open top zero retention holster, and his hip poked out.  He was involved with his kid in the cart and totally oblivious to his surroundings.  If it weren't inherently dangerous and illegal I'd have liked to have taken his pistol to prove a point.

I choose not to make a political point with my self defense.  If you must open carry, please do it responsibly.  In my opinion it requires at least a retention holster and a heightened level awareness.  Training is really a must too (this guy obviously had none).

I personally believe anybody who decides to open carry for any perceived advantage of ease of access hasn't studied the subject or trained enough.  I really believe open carry puts a target on your back in the event of a crisis.  It also is generally used by the left to cast a negative light on gun owners.  And if you're like this one fool I saw it presents a danger.  Sorry, I had to rant.  Better here than elsewhere.

The anti gunners need

nothing to make them hate us.

NOTHING! I say carry any way you want and let them hate.

my neighbor hated guns and loved to let me know it. and I made it a point to carry my AR's to the truck uncased just to drive her nuts! Probably uncalled for but MAN I DONT CARE!!

The logic that someone would be targeted because they were open carrying doesn't hold up. You saying cops are constantly being attacked because they open carry? Agree that a few things have changed over the last few years with the past administration changing that dynamic, but they are now being targeted because they are cops, not because they have a gun. 

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic reply]