Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Spare Parts

Mike62

Probably need a STI 9mm HEXTAC as your primary spare part :-)

Just kidding, but I'm in to see what others recommend. This is my first season with a 2011 based pistol, although there are no STI parts in my gun.

Just about any spare part outside of springs on a 2011 is going to require fitting to your specific gun.  If you're going to have a set of fit spare parts, I'd say a spare ambi safety, firing pin & stop, and extractor (or springs for an Aftec) should get you through most issues you might see at a match.  You could also have a spare fire control group (hammer, sear, spring) ready to go, but at that point you're probably better off with a spare gun.

You could keep a spare recoil spring, but you should be staying on top of that maintenance prior to getting to a match.

recoil spring

Fitted extended firing pin and stop (in case you drop it while changing FP)

As said above extra springs and clip for your aftec or fitted adjusted extractor

Mine tend to go without mishap, change recoil and FP spring every case of bullets: 2200 on the 40 and 3000 on 9 major

Edited by jcc7x7

Couple of spare mags, all springs, firing pin, fit an Aftec and new stop and throw the current ones in for spare. I like to have a set of sights, safeties and slide stop. If you are very serious and putting many rounds on the gun a second gun is always smart.