Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip and recoil control critique please

Dhudgins525

OK so as I'm learning to shoot faster and call shots I'm noticing that the gun seems to be tracking differently from shot to shot. I shot a few rounds yesterday with my grip slightly different with the camera filming in slow motion even though the video uploaded onto YouTube at normal speed. I know my grip seems to loosen up after a hand full of shots and I'll work on that in dry fire but my question really is if I need to not lock my arms out as much? Would that help with repeatability? I also believe from video findings that a more aggressive stance would help. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. https://youtu.be/D6wqrIx52kA Also I apologize if this would've been better suited in a different section.

Grip what seems like harder with your weak hand than your strong.  That's about even which is what you are after.  

Also, I noticed in the video that you are allowing the recoil to set you back slightly and not returning to your starting stance after each shot.  So basically at the end you are more upright than at the beginning.  In order to say on target you are slightly changing the angle of your grip and therefor, it's not exactly the same.  

Lean in a tad more aggressively and don't allow the recoil to change your position no matter how fast you are shooting.  

And NO, don't bend your elbows more.  You appear to be fully extended, but not hard locked.  That's what you want.