Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How are you adapting to the new rules?

Peplow530

29 minutes ago, bwikel said:

I don't shoot IDPA but I was reading along for interest and looked up the PCC rules. Does this rule not apply or are there matches that just make up their own rules?

1.1.6 Concealment garments: Concealment garments are optional for PCC shooters.

IDPA SOs frequently make up rules.  The sport is notorious for it.

Edited by elguapo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot IDPA competition regularly with two different clubs and occasionally with a third and fourth club.  I have witnessed competitors who disagree with the rules or occasions when the rules are not fully understood.

I absolutely DO NOT witness SO's or clubs that "frequently make up rules", nor is there any perceived notoriety of such action/behavior at the matches I attend.

47 minutes ago, 45 Raven said:

I shoot IDPA competition regularly with two different clubs and occasionally with a third and fourth club.  I have witnessed competitors who disagree with the rules or occasions when the rules are not fully understood.

I absolutely DO NOT witness SO's or clubs that "frequently make up rules", nor is there any perceived notoriety of such action/behavior at the matches I attend.

Enforcing rules that aren't really rules whether made up, miss understood, or are just out of date all end up with the same out come.

5 hours ago, bwikel said:

I don't shoot IDPA but I was reading along for interest and looked up the PCC rules. Does this rule not apply or are there matches that just make up their own rules?

1.1.6 Concealment garments: Concealment garments are optional for PCC shooters.

Yes, concealment garments are optional for PCC shooters 

4 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Enforcing rules that aren't really rules whether made up, miss understood, or are just out of date all end up with the same out come.

I in no way meant to imply that in my experience I was witness to, part of, or have even observed the "enforcement of rules that are not understood".

My comment was intended to convey the fact that I have occasionally witnessed discussions and/or inquiries about IDPA rules.  In my experience, those discussions result in clarification.  That doesn't mean everyone in the discussion agrees with the rules.  But I guess that applies to about everything from IDPA rules to speed limits, to HOA rules.

20 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@RePete tell your locals that IDPA is going the extra mile and training you to shoot combatively on the unstable terrain you find out in the real world.

Why?  I have Leo, Veterans (I'm both), ER MD's et al coming to my shoots.

21 hours ago, 45 Raven said:

I guess we live in different places, see different ROs, and shoot at different clubs.

3 hours ago, elguapo said:

Another opinion with no basis in fact

IDPA stage design rules limit required movement to much less than you see on typical USPSA stages. That is a big deal for folks who do not get around well and/or do not respond well to a lot of exertion on hot days. 

5 hours ago, elguapo said:

Another opinion with no basis in fact

The way you are quoting makes me think that you have never shot, or rarely shot IDPA.

Just spouting rhetoric.

20 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You have all that, yet apparently no sense of humor. 😁

I have a great sense of humour.

I just didn't find what you wrote funny, that's all.