Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cm 06-03 Can You Count?

DJPoLo

gooldy, that is clearly impossible, didn't you read the rest of the thread?

I only shot an 89% in SS at the same match as you, but I shot it in fairly deliberate match mode, not wanting to take any chance on hurrying and fumbling the reload. With 100 match pts available, a fumbled 2 second reload would hurt alot.

Did somebody say fumbled reload? BTDT, and yes it cost me some much needed match points. The video however is quite numerous to watch. Thankfully the mutterings are PG rated.

Nice run Ryan! And thanks again for ROing. It was a good match.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, motosapiens said:

meh. I shot some good stages, but way too conservative. I have a whole list of things to work on. I really got caught up in worrying about my squadmate and longtime friendly rival (who beat me at ss nats last year, and at the last major we shot together), and was trying to not lose to him instead of trying to just do my best. But thank you anyway. I did shoot a very clean almost mistake-free match.... just about 2 seconds slow on every stage. I need to watch the open guys, not the other SS guys.

btw, major compliments to you and the rest of the RO's. Everyone was professional, competent, organized and courteous. Really enjoyed all the oregon peeps.

I am pretty interested in the specifics of your run. That is crazy fast, but does definitely seem plausible if an old SS dude like me can run 3.8 second strings in safe mode. i've gotten down to 3.3 or so in dryfire, but I have a slow draw and a slower reload.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, it is always good to hear that we did an okay job. 

The specifics according to Shotcoach (BeerBaron ran the numbers for me) are a .73 draw and .86 load for string 1, and a .74 draw and a .89 load on string 2. Average split was a .16 for both strings, with a low of .14 and a high of .2.

• 7 months later...

I shot a 12.51 hit factor on 06-03 today. 7.99 seconds total with all 100 points. That works out to be a 83.89% nationally and I'm a high C class, at over 58%. I should be B class, but have had a screw up every couple classifiers that would keep me hovering for a while. I hope they don't flag my classifier, but they probably will. Should I email them proactively or wait and see? This score will bump me to B just in time for SC sectional match, as long as they credit it to me. Thanks for any suggestions in how to handle a flagging, if it happens

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Shot this 8-20-17

Prod M

G34

92 pts

7.17 sec

HF 12.8312

86%

My mag didn't drop free on each mag change. That hurt!  After the secound time I got frustrated and just slung the gun up amd got a higher index than I would have liked and dropped some points!  I was conscious of this while it was happening. The mag chagnges had to have cost me 1 sec. 

I shot close to far on each string. 

This one is a fun one!

Edited by B_RAD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Shot this 5/12

Production C, knocking on B

Fumbled both reloads bad, dropped one C still managed an A class run 12.12something HF.

Flagged A, I could duplicate that run all day and probably better it the majority of the time, since the reloads were atrocious and the low 0.9s draws on the slow side for the distance. 

It's fun, but seems kinda dumb for a lowly C to be able to easily bat so far out of class.

• 1 month later...

So I shot this classifier twice in last two months at different clubs. been working my butt off trying to get out of C class .89% to go.

June Limited HF11.7930 @ 70.87%

Last weekend in Limited HF 12.1099 @ 72%

I am interested to see what happens? does the June 70% get flagged and replaced by the 72%?

7 minutes ago, Hitfactorzero said:

So I shot this classifier twice in last two months at different clubs. been working my butt off trying to get out of C class .89% to go.

June Limited HF11.7930 @ 70.87%

Last weekend in Limited HF 12.1099 @ 72%

I am interested to see what happens? does the June 70% get flagged and replaced by the 72%?

Yes, the higher percentage will replace the lower when they do update. 

13 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

Yes, the higher percentage will replace the lower when they do update. 

And the lower one will get flagged as a duplicate, so it won’t count at all. Even if you have a 65% that should have been bumped off instead.

The same classifier never counts twice.

3 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

And the lower one will get flagged as a duplicate, so it won’t count at all. Even if you have a 65% that should have been bumped off instead.

The same classifier never counts twice.

Yeah i was getting a lot of mixed answers at the match on Saturday so I figured I would ask.

what is the minimum time period between same classifiers? recent 8 or once a year?

I don’t think there is any time limit for duplicate classifiers, the higher one gets flagged for use, then it will look at your best 6 to use as part of classification. 

On 7/18/2018 at 9:07 PM, tyman1876 said:

I shot this last weekend as well.

HF of 16.10 got me 93% in Open

It may very well be a matter of perception, but those outside targets don't look like they are 10 ft down range. Fast run nonetheless, but I recently shot this classifier as well and my first thought upon seeing this was that it seemed further when I shot this particular one. Out of curiosity I went back and looked at the diagram and to me this looks out of spec. I could be totally wrong, just a thought...

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2018 at 11:37 PM, XaoS said:

It may very well be a matter of perception, but those outside targets don't look like they are 10 ft down range. Fast run nonetheless, but I recently shot this classifier as well and my first thought upon seeing this was that it seemed further when I shot this particular one. Out of curiosity I went back and looked at the diagram and to me this looks out of spec. I could be totally wrong, just a thought...

Tyler is about 6’5” iirc or more so it could be perception. 

• 2 months later...