Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 stage trigger for 3 gun?

optimator

Back to the topic, I ran an SSA for two seasons and just switched to an S3G. I haven't decided yet if the speed on the bay stages makes up for the (in my opinion) decreased ability to control the break at long range.

2 minutes ago, jbran267 said:

Back to the topic, I ran an SSA for two seasons and just switched to an S3G. I haven't decided yet if the speed on the bay stages makes up for the (in my opinion) decreased ability to control the break at long range.

I never did like the feel of the S3G. Off-hand was where it showed up the worst. Just not predictable enough for me. Granted had I spent enough time with it I am sure it is manageable, just wasn't worth it to me.

I really like my SD3G for up close rapid fire but from a bench or when trying to get a slow trigger press for the most accuracy it doubles or triples on me.

I have to deliberately pull the trigger ALL the way to the rear or it will bump fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, gixxerjunky said:

I really like my SD3G for up close rapid fire but from a bench or when trying to get a slow trigger press for the most accuracy it doubles or triples on me.

I have to deliberately pull the trigger ALL the way to the rear or it will bump fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't experienced a bump fire yet but it doesn't surprise me. The reset is so short, it wouldn't take much.

17 minutes ago, billdozer said:

I'll second the trigger tech.  It feels like an ar gold,  but with a decent reset unlike the ar gold. I've shot nothing but single stages till now.

I received my adjustable Trigger Tech today. Dry firing, it feels really good. It has just enough take up to suit my 2 stage brain. The reset is SHORT. But it doesn't have a lot of feel to it. It's there, but it's light. The adjustment instructions say to give it two or three clicks on the low end. The first few clicks are very faint. I don't know if those count, and I don't have a trigger scale to see where I'm at exactly. I can already tell this trigger is going to be fast. I cant wait to get out with it later this week. 

17 hours ago, jbran267 said:

I've switched back and forth between the Geiselle Match and 3gun triggers, and have settled on the 3gun for, well, 3 gun.  I prefer the two stage Match trigger for long range shooting, but the 3gun for close work.  Overall, the best compromise (for me) is dealing with the 3gun at long range, rather than the Match on hoser stages.

Edited by STIboy

44 minutes ago, STIboy said:

I've switched back and forth between the Geiselle Match and 3gun triggers, and have settled on the 3gun for, well, 3 gun.  I prefer the two stage Match trigger for long range shooting, but the 3gun for close work.  Overall, the best compromise (for me) is dealing with the 3gun at long range, rather than the Match on hoser stages.

With my experience so far, I tend to agree with you. Most of the shooting I do is bays, with generally one or two stages out to 200 at our local club.  I think with enough practice, I'll get better controlling the break of the S3G in long range.

• 2 weeks later...