Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Technologies Grip Service question

glock24

Does anyone know if I can still use Zev's smaller magwell if I were to have my grip reduced by them? I would want the smallest possible dimensions, which means the mainspring housing area would be reduced as much as possible.  

It isn't clear from the website, but I'm afraid that chopping down the mainspring housing area would eliminate the space required to mount their magwell.

Any insight would be appreciated.

It would appear based on the information that is on the Zev website and from what I've seen online and in person on some Zev frames, it depends on the frame size.  On full-sized frames (17, 22, 34, etc.), the bottom of the frame isn't modified and you can put a magwell on it later.  On the compact-sized frames (19, 23), you need to send your magwell in with the gun at the time the grip is modified so it can be done around the magwell.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/Grip-Service

I read that too, but then I read their choices for the backstrap. I would want the "Flat" option.  From that description, it would seem that either adding a magwell isn't possible, or they don't actually remove the hump as much as they say they do.

BACKSTRAP REDUCTION

None - No backstrap reduction performed on the frame. Maintains factory backstrap angle as well as factory feel in hand.

50% - Reduction of the hump on the backstrap of the frame by half before texturing, reducing some of the overall girth of the firearm and adding to ease of sight acquisition.

Flat -  Reduction of the hump on the backstrap of the frame making it straight flat line from the beavertail section to the bottom of the frame prior to texturing. Reducing the overall girth of the frame and adding to ease of sight acquisition.

Edited by glock24