Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Once Fired Cracked Brass... Federal???

Gman57

That seems very strange.
I've been using coloradooncefiredbrass.com

Around Black Friday they offer free shipping in 5 gallon buckets.
That's when I order. Can't recall any cases being cracked front the batch. Maybe a couple after firing, but Doesn't even matter at that point. Downside is I get quite a few .357 sig in there.
But machine sorted I assume.
Whatever. Still a pretty good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new provider for my brass, my issues have been solved totally. 99+% excellent brass and supplier adds 3% for good measure. Not much resolution with the vendor that sold me the crap brass..... wanted to give me a $10 coupon on my next order, Ha like that will happen.

• 4 weeks later...

I reloaded 40 s&w for years . I have never seen anything like that . I have seen cases that were spit like that were fired way to many times

If I were you I would trash all of that brass. This is why I stopped buying 9mm and 40S&W brass 1 fired . There is no way to see if it was fired 5 or 6 time

look at Starline brass  1000 for $154.50 Shipped to your door It is new brass .

Easy to say if you can pick up your brass. I don't want to let 15 cents on the ground or 4-5 bucks a stage when we're shooting 4 stages at a match.

I  found  a new supplier of good used brass now.

1 hour ago, Gman57 said:

I don't want to lose  $4-5 bucks a stage

No reason to - as g10mm mentioned, buy the brass for 15 cents each, shoot it four times in practice

sessions (picking up and reloading in between), and then shoot it the fifth time at matches - you

can leave it on the ground and its cost you 3 cents/shoot    :) 

Well said......

I have around 7000 loaded now and should be good to go for the first half of summer. Not a bad plan that way to start adding new brass to the mix.

I'am going to go with what "yeti" above posted as it's the most logical.  FYI, I have a G23 and have fired literally thousands of rounds (just about every mfg's brand) from range pick up and never had my Glock do what your experiencing. Since you're not having luck with the company you purchased it from, consider it a loss and move on "out of sight, out of mind". 

9 minutes ago, Martys said:

Since you're not having luck with the company you purchased it from, consider it a loss and move on "out of sight, out of mind". 

Done.... Just a hundred and fifty bucks is all.  I'll never buy brass or anything from Monmouth reloading again!!!!

Scary that it happened though.  At least you noticed if.  If it was someone that was just pounding out the rounds and not paying attention like they should have, it could have been an issue.  I'm sure it wouldn't have chambered, but you never know.  It really sucks when a company doesn't stand behind their product to try and help you out.  I'm a small business owner as well and I agree that they should have done something about it.  I could understand if you were complaining about one piece out of 1,000 or 2,000 or something, but that many?  I'm glad you dumped the lot and moved on because you don't know what the heck could have happened with the rest, even if it would have stayed together duing reloading.  Not worth it.

Plus, with your questions, I was able to get some sources on brass as well, so thank you to all that replied. :)