Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Identify this shell plate

Years ago, when I bought my 550 used, there was a box of parts packaged with it...digging through that box this afternoon, I found this shell plate. No shell plate number, one of the cut outs is bigger than the others, and the only identifying marks are numbers stamped where the cut outs are...1, 2, 3, 5...Anyone know what this goes to/with?

20170319_162055.jpg

12 minutes ago, MifflinKid said:

I think it is for .38 Special and .357 Magnum

Can't be. 38 special wobbles in the cutouts, and almost pulls completely through on the cutout stamped as 1. I found it while looking for the 38/357 shell plate, which I have....this one is way different. Notice the size difference in the cutouts numbered 1 and all the others.

Can't be. 38 special wobbles in the cutouts, and almost pulls completely through on the cutout stamped as 1.

I made my comment based on the number "2" that was most prominent in the pictures.

Taking a closer look I now see that each slot has a number but I find it hard to discern the slot sizes except the one numbered "1" is clearly larger.

Rishii seems to have a clue on this. His comment makes sense.

Edited by MifflinKid

On Sunday, March 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM, GrumpyOne said:

Years ago, when I bought my 550 used, there was a box of parts packaged with it...digging through that box this afternoon, I found this shell plate. No shell plate number, one of the cut outs is bigger than the others, and the only identifying marks are numbers stamped where the cut outs are...1, 2, 3, 5...Anyone know what this goes to/with?

20170319_162055.jpg

It is for a 550. I believe it is the multi-caliber shell plate. Only one at a time but...