Broncman

PCC in USPSA

78 posts in this topic

Racinready,

I'm not a RO ...... Thinking back after reading this thread I sent one new shooter home for starting to make ready before I issued the command.

Well, there is no USPSA requirement for the RO to be certified at a Level 1 match, however there is a an absolute requirement to cite the rule violation for DQ. If the rule is not cited specifically, the shooter has all rights to arbitrate under Chapter 11. Which rule did you cite him for? You can't just say "I don't like what you did" There are 4 sections under Match Disqualification, Accidental Discharge, Unsafe Gun Handling, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, and Prohibited Substances. 

10.3.2 When a match disqualification is issued, the Range Officer must record the reasons for the disqualification, and the time and date of the incident, on the competitor’s score sheet, and the Range Master must be notified as soon as possible.

For example, the shooter is DQ'd under Rule 10.5.16     Drawing a handgun while facing uprange.

1 hour ago, 9x45 said:

Racinready,

I'm not a RO ...... Thinking back after reading this thread I sent one new shooter home for starting to make ready before I issued the command.

Well, there is no USPSA requirement for the RO to be certified at a Level 1 match, however there is a an absolute requirement to cite the rule violation for DQ. If the rule is not cited specifically, the shooter has all rights to arbitrate under Chapter 11. Which rule did you cite him for? You can't just say "I don't like what you did" There are 4 sections under Match Disqualification, Accidental Discharge, Unsafe Gun Handling, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, and Prohibited Substances. 

10.3.2 When a match disqualification is issued, the Range Officer must record the reasons for the disqualification, and the time and date of the incident, on the competitor’s score sheet, and the Range Master must be notified as soon as possible.

For example, the shooter is DQ'd under Rule 10.5.16     Drawing a handgun while facing uprange.

That's good to know, and something I would probably learn from taking a RO class.

I told him to stop, and then grabbed the RO who had just shot, explained to him what happened. He said he'd take it from there, and I imagine he took care of all that. I just took the next shooter in line and tried to keep things moving. I doubt the shooter new that either, apparently it was his first match which I didn't know at the time.

In all my years of various shooting competition, a lot of events are lacking in new shooter orientation. Stuff you can't learn from the internet.

Even though I have shot a few USPSA matches earlier, I did stand in on the new shooter orientation at the ORSA match last weekend.

Very good stuff and great club!