Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot timer with headphone jack?

bcp

I'm looking for a shot timer that can be used with a headphone jack for dry fire training but is also suitable for range use.  I don't want to use a phone app.  I did an archive search but didn't see much.  Any recommendations?  

Is noise an issue for you? Don't know of a timer with a headphone jack other than a phone with an app. Which isn't terrible for dry fire, since it's all par time. Or get a pocket pro 2 (or 1) and it has adjustable volume to make quieter at home and loud on range. That's the best I know of, sorry not more of help

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.  The only issue with noise would be practicing at home while others are studying, etc.  The adjustable volume would also work.  I'm surprised that more timers don't have adjustable volume or headphone jacks.  I will check out the Pocket Pro.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be annoyed to have cables running everywhere while I'm trying to draw, perform reloads, etc.  Then again, there have been times where I've wanted to dryfire but haven't been able to due to the noise of the buzzer.  This has the potential to be a good idea. Ideally - bluetooth integration, so no phone cables. But there would be a problem with latency (e.g. delay) between the timer issuing the buzz to the sound finally playing through your headphones.  Probably about 1/4 second.

On March 31, 2017 at 6:34 PM, 427Cobra said:

I use the PS Timer Pro app on my iPhone, and I use a cord to connect the phone to my MSA Sordins, works perfect. 

Wow, that app looks pretty good. Does it work well with indoor ranges or dry firing?