Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10-C for CO

gavagai

Would love a full size, but in the meantime I was thinking of trying this one for CO. Need some advice ..

1. Anyone know a reason why milling for the optic would be a problem? CZC website doesn't appear to acknowledge the P10-C at all, so not sure how soon their plate system would be available if at all? Dovetail options?

2. Any ideas for the best route for 140 mags? Anyone milling the new hole in P09 mags?

I don't need perfect solutions. The gun doesn't have to be "competitive" because I'm certainly not. Production listing timing isn't an immediate concern either - I'll be happily shooting SS in the meantime. The alternative for me is a Sig X5 but I doubt the ergonomics will suit me nearly as well, although there would be a lot less messing around required.

No one will have answers until they have one in their hands. None of us have taken a P10C slide and looked at what it contains and its materials to determine milling it. No where I've looked says what dovetail cut it has to determine if any of the already made mounts would work.

No idea on mags either for the same reasons. When the weight limit changed for CO then most people who were going to shoot a CZ dropped the idea of shooting a P07/9. Then when the mag limit changed people were focused on what works in an SP01 for a 140mm mag.

You might just have to be the trail blazer yourself here on this one.

@rowdyb Thanks for the reality check. I guess patience is in order - I don't think I'm up for being a trail blazer.

Sadly I've had to concede that DA/SA is not for me (not the DA - another broken Indian issue). I'm envious of all you Shadowy people, but as Dirty Harry reminded us "a man's gotta know his limitations".

The ergs and trigger of the P10 look perfect for me, absent hands on, but there are a lot of loose ends with the package. The trigger and package of the 320 X5 look perfect for me, but possibly not the ergs. PRP Springfield trigger looks good, ergs acceptable, package mixed, and it actually exists. These are the only options that appeal at all right now, so I guess I'll be sitting to out for a while (frustrating, as CO 2017 looks to be the perfect division for my tastes). 

Latest version of the P10 has a shadow dovetail, located slightly back on the slide. Early look looks like it could be milled, but CZ changed the slide profile in the latest version form the pre-production version. So will wait till actual production is on the streets to make final decision. 

Mags. No 140mm pads yet. P07 pads will fit, but only add 4. Maybe modify P09 mags for the new mag catch. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 3:33 AM, eerw said:

Latest version of the P10 has a shadow dovetail, located slightly back on the slide. Early look looks like it could be milled, but CZ changed the slide profile in the latest version form the pre-production version. So will wait till actual production is on the streets to make final decision. 

Any updates? I have cash and no gun - the universe is not in harmony.