• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shot most of the hytek offerings

Keep going back to Bayou HyTek because of the great customer service

Pricing is within few bucks between them all so might as well get the bullets I want and the service.

Donnie and now Dennis go out of their way to satisfy.

Shoot some Montana golds out of the open gun but for the last several years been shooting Bayou 124's out of it too

I've loaded Zero and PDs, for me I'll take the PDs.  Same performance and quality, little bit better on the wallet. 

I should add that the pic below is 9mm cartridges, before someone points out the obvious ;) 

IMG_6017_zpsc0zaf91b.jpg

Edited by muncie21

For jacketed bullets, I like Zero's and Precision Delta.  Montana Golds are nice, but they can get expensive and in my experience they usually take a little more powder to achieve the same velocity as their competitors.  For coated bullets, I like Precision (Not PD) since they make a 185gr in .401.  You can use a little bit less powder and be good for power factor.  Even so, most all of the coated bullets I have tried produce pretty good results. So much so, that I haven't seen a reason to pay more for jacketed bullets. I will note that everyones' barrels are different, so you may get different results.  Both of my limited guns have Schuemann AET barrels and they seem to do pretty well with coated bullets.

Edited by WYgunner

• 3 weeks later...

Black bullets have worked good for me and Missouri bullet co before then worked as well. Blue bullets are also popular around here, and the few SNS bullets I have shot were good as well.

Blue bullets have been awesome.  If you are not sure or a small quantity of a few different bullets and inspect, measure and load a few of each.  See what you like and what works best for you.    For coated blue, bayou or SNS and you really can't go wrong