Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 chamber super short, Bbi bullets

Jsuki

I have 2 stock 2s and they chamber different lengths. One of them runs my bbi 135gr 9mm at 1.110 fine but the second one will get hung up. Idk if it's tanfo consistency or what but it's driving me nuts. 

19 minutes ago, Jsuki said:

did the reaming affectanything? I'm worried about cutting the rifling

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Yeah it effects things... you can load any bullet to practically any length! No, no need to worry about cutting the rifling. Nearly all of us have reamed Tanfos.

Just as a reference, I shot two sub 1" groups at 15 yards last Friday and had two targets with 2 shots 1" apart at ~25 yards last weekend. And I'm no bullseye shooter. So, long way of saying, don't worry about it.

Edited by SCTaylor

Ok, I am just new to the tanfo world and was worried about it possibly affecting my accuracy. I'll send my gun out to get reamed. Thanks for the info guys.

1 hour ago, Jsuki said:

Ok, I am just new to the tanfo world and was worried about it possibly affecting my accuracy. I'll send my gun out to get reamed. Thanks for the info guys.

When you have your barrel ream (based off the print dimensions of the reamer) your basically bringing the chamber to SAAMI spec or something close to it. The only part of the rifling that gets cut on the Tanfo barrels is your starting leade or freebore which is practically non existent from a factory barrel. As mentioned above this allows you to run a wider range of ammo set at much longer OAL's if you desire; your still going to be the gun's limiting factor on accuracy. 

1 hour ago, Jsuki said:

I'll be sending my barrel in to you guys! so if I was to send it out today how long would it be till I got it back? I'm in California.

if we receive the barrel by 3pm it goes back out that same day priority mail, which is normally 2-3 days shipping to CA