Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

spare parts question

1911vm

I keep a slide lock and trigger return spring. You probably should switch to cgw floating trigger pin. Makes changing the trigger return spring so much easier.

Probably will end up getting some recoil springs. Oh and fibre optic rods, blew one out at the range the other day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I am still learning the gun. I am far from a gunsmith. so even though I have started collecting parts I decided to get one more gun for matches LOL I think they call that New York reload .  

7 hours ago, gtaylor07 said:

Do you see a lot of trigger pin failures or from just failing out and getting lost?

The Trigger Return Spring (TRS) fails more frequently than the trigger pin.  However the factory pin can sometimes be a bit stubborn, so many folks replace it with the CGW 'floating trigger pin' when replacing their TRS.

9 hours ago, eerw said:

Spare gun up and ready is best spare part. 

Spoken like someone in the gun sales business :) .

Wonderful luxury though, nice to be able to test things like sights back to back and to have a workhorse dry fire practice gun & then a match gun. I attempt to get a lot more trigger pulls on the backup & when something breaks put a new part in the match gun and the match gun part in the backup. 

The Trigger Return Spring (TRS) fails more frequently than the trigger pin.  However the factory pin can sometimes be a bit stubborn, so many folks replace it with the CGW 'floating trigger pin' when replacing their TRS.

I assumed that was a given already, but may have read that wrong. Be one hell of a field repair unless they had a starter punch in their bag. I read it as having an extra in addition to the one (likely) in the gun, but could be wrong.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk