Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

sights for CORE

fmiller

Thanks to everyone who helped on the "install yourself or not" post I put about putting new sights on my M&P CORE!

Now, kind of an obvious follow-up, would any of you who HAVE changed from the factory sights mind telling me what you got and why? No one seems to make adjustable sights for this model (which I wish I'd known when I bought it...).

If this has been done to death already - could someone point me in the right place to look?

f

Go with Dawson Precision. They offer a sight guarantee that if the sights aren't right for your load, they will replace the front sight until it is. They also have a sight calculator that will help you get close. Call them for more details.

For each fixed sight set I have replaced, I start with replacing just the rear.  I'll shoot it with the stock front and see where POA/POI are, and use the Dawson formula to calculate the exact height I need.  Although it's a process, I have not had to go through the hassle of fitting a sight set, only to have to remove, exchange, and refit the front sight.