Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun optic?

1911vm

• 3 years later...
On 11/5/2020 at 6:58 AM, johnnparry55 said:

For which guns?

Not the OP, but he mentioned he has a Saiga, an AK patterned detachable magazine fed shotgun, so he is in Open class.

Post is 3 years old...

23 hours ago, 1911vm said:

but I decided  to go with one of these for the long slug shots instead of a red dot 

https://www.amazon.com/Schmidt-Bender-5-25x56-Marksman-Riflescope/dp/B004VHUH9M/?tag=opticsadd-20

Fancy. Did you use the RS Regulate lower mount with rings, or did you use another way to mount it?

• 4 weeks later...

So I’m in search of an optic for my Dissident that is on its way. I’m going to be trying the Vortex Razor and the Holosun 510c. It might be a trial and error thing. I hope I like the Vortex Razor because I kind of want to stick with the same red dot for pistol, offset rifle, and shotgun as hard as that might be

1 hour ago, tfinnerr said:

So I’m in search of an optic for my Dissident that is on its way. I’m going to be trying the Vortex Razor and the Holosun 510c. It might be a trial and error thing. I hope I like the Vortex Razor because I kind of want to stick with the same red dot for pistol, offset rifle, and shotgun as hard as that might be

That’s what I do, except I run the Burris Fastfire on my shotgun, pistol and offset for the rifle. Having all three the same has some advantages. Same battery, same controls (so I usually remember to turn them all on) and just the consistency of the same sight picture.

That is awesome and sounds like exactly what I’m thinking. How do you like the fast fire for the shotgun? 

3 hours ago, IHMSA15151 said:

That’s what I do, except I run the Burris Fastfire on my shotgun, pistol and offset for the rifle. Having all three the same has some advantages. Same battery, same controls (so I usually remember to turn them all on) and just the consistency of the same sight picture.

I use Leupold Delta points for all 3, even my DA Vepr. Originally,  I had Vortex mounted on a 45 for my rifle but I had a difficult time accessing the buttons on the side.   Earlier this year, I changed the Vortex to Leupold DPP because I already had them on the shotgun and pistol.  

12 hours ago, tfinnerr said:

That is awesome and sounds like exactly what I’m thinking. How do you like the fast fire for the shotgun? 

They have worked well for me. They are reasonably priced (a plus when you need three) and have a great warranty that I’ve never had to use. They don’t have the auto shut off that some other makes have, so I shut them off between stages. I also carry extra batteries because it’s almost guaranteed that when one goes dead it will be at the worst possible time, lol.

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 5:33 PM, tfinnerr said:

510c is awesome for the KL-12. Giant window and you can run circle only reticle for go fast. Switch to circle dot when slugs are required. 

You do have Dremel a bit on the 510c base mount to fit perfectly on the dissident rail. Takes about 5 minutes. 

On 2/13/2021 at 9:50 AM, Blockader said:

You do have Dremel a bit on the 510c base mount to fit perfectly on the dissident rail. Takes about 5 minutes. 

That is sort of what I figured and I kind of want to give it a try. Most guys I know shooting this platform shoot a micro dot like a razor/dpp/etc and there’s probably a pretty good reason for it aside from them being sponsored/paid shooters. Thanks for the tip!

• 1 month later...

I started out with a C-more railway on my MKA 1919 when they first came into the USA about 8 years ago and still have it on top of my 10.6 inch Genesis Arms 12 ga......still going strong and no riser was needed to raise the optic.