Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

3 minutes ago, Ludde said:

It can make a little difference to evenly decrease the trigger bar spring tension by slightly bending them downwards. If you take to much DA might start falling into halfcock or SA not resetting. The you just bend it a little upwards to increase the pressure. I would also recommend a 9 or 10 lbs main spring.

I'll have to buy a 10lb spring some time. I used CGW's 8.5# which was so nice ot shoot, but about 5% of my DA shots wouldn't fire.

I saw JJ Racaza do work on his Stock 2s where he would get the DA pull to bring the hammer to nearly the same distance as SA which increases the hammer fall power drastically, but he didn't show the actual detail on how to accomplish that. I've always been hesitant with the trigger bar spring, but I'll give it a shot. I had to do it on my P07.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/17/2017 at 6:10 PM, rowdyb said:

Let me repeat, DO NOT GRIND OFF THE NIPPLE ON THE GUIDE ROD. Getting the guide rod to sit right is a million times easier with it on there.

Also, you can mistakenly put your SP01 Shadow slide release in but the gun will not work properly and you will be pissed at your new toy. Until you realize what you did and then you're just mad at yourself.

Who in their right mind would purposefully grind off something that the CZ designer and firearms engineer had purposefully put there, for obvious reason.  When viewed in profile, there’s no way that the guide rod would even fit because of the curvature of the barrel lug.  When I first got the S2 and pulled the handgun apart, I puzzled over that little bit of nothing as well, but then actually took a look to see why it’s there in the first place.  It’s a good thing CZ has replacement parts for all the “gunsmith” morons out there.  Secondly, I’m pretty sure that USPSA and IPSC both have rules against modifications like this for their Production Division.  

I'm wondering at what point you guys decide to install a longer firing pin and weaker spring.

I had it in and it dragged the primer and had a secondary contact point in the primer as if it bounced and hit the primer twice.

I took it out and put the original in and never had a problem with it.

My trigger pull in SA is 1280 grams  (2.1 lbs) I dont shoot it in DA.

10 hours ago, Hansb57 said:

I'm wondering at what point you guys decide to install a longer firing pin and weaker spring.

I had it in and it dragged the primer and had a secondary contact point in the primer as if it bounced and hit the primer twice.

I took it out and put the original in and never had a problem with it.

My trigger pull in SA is 1280 grams  (2.1 lbs) I dont shoot it in DA.

What brand primers are you using?   My single action runs about 2.25#.  With an 8.5# hammer spring, I’m running the extended firing pin and reduced power firing pin spring, I’m using Federal primers, 100% ignition.  My friend is running the 11.5# hammer spring, no extended firing pin or spring in his Shadow, his will ignite CCI primers.  That’s all I know about that.