Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends,

Some of us changed the recoil spring from 11 or 13 lbs to 8 lbs. Any comment on this? Any significant change in recoil handling. By the way the mainspring is still 13 lbs.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Orbit said:

Friends,

Some of us changed the recoil spring from 11 or 13 lbs to 8 lbs. Any comment on this? Any significant change in recoil handling. By the way the mainspring is still 13 lbs.

Thanks.

3rd hand info I had was that 8lb recoil spring was what Robin Sebo was using in his Shadow 2 at last Summers IPSC Canadian Nationals.

I shoot 124gr bullets as well. So far I am okay with 11# recoil spring but I am going to test it more.

My main spring is 11#. I also install a CZC extended FP with reduced FP Spring. So far no light strikes with any primers after over 4K rds- CCI, WSP, S&B, and Federal.  

Has anyone tried this package from CGW or something similar?  https://cajungunworks.com/product/75810-shadow-s-2-kit-bushing/

That's a great kit.. I have all of those parts before they made it a kit... I'm kinda pissed that I rushed and bought everything separately though. The bushing reviews are several pages back with positive reviews. My DA is 5.75 and SA is 2.25 with lots of polishing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, zeroryde said:

That's a great kit.. I have all of those parts before they made it a kit... I'm kinda pissed that I rushed and bought everything separately though. The bushing reviews are several pages back with positive reviews. My DA is 5.75 and SA is 2.25 with lots of polishing.

Thanks for the reply.  I didn't price it individually but it looked like a good option.  I will probably call CGW about it.

Did you try the stock sear with their hammer first? 

No because I bought another hammer strut to make it one assembly just in case I wanted to swap it back. So I have two complete full hammer/sear assemblies

1 hour ago, glockslinger said:

Does there exist a wide right side safety for the Shadow 2? Does the Target Sports safety fit in combination with the OEM S2 left wide safety?

i've only seen the modified tac sport one used to make a wide rhs safety for a shadow 2 on the shadow2 fb page. he had to weld it up.

19437501_10155428905585912_1133578353499

25 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i've only seen the modified tac sport one used to make a wide rhs safety for a shadow 2 on the shadow2 fb page. he had to weld it up.

19437501_10155428905585912_1133578353499

Production legal?