Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/23/2017 at 3:35 PM, rowdyb said:

Also, have gone back to using the shock buffs. I kinda like 'em. Do you used the thick or the thin? The thin seems to deform super quick on me.

How often do you have to replace the  buffers? Where do you buy them?

Edited by cheby

Great thread here rowdyb and thanks for documenting the upgrades.  I'm very much an amateur shooter but was lucky enough to have a friend/range master at my club get me on a fast track with my first comp gun, a CZ Shadow Target II.  Only mods to that platform were palm swells and CGW 10X bushing. LOVE this gun.  Just picked up a Shadow2 so very grateful for this info.

Last night I measured the delta between the ID of the bushings and OD of the barrels on both guns to compare.  The Shadow Target with 10X bushing was .002" and the stock Shadow2 was .005".  Pretty darn good for a factory gun IMHO.

1 hour ago, HSLPCZ said:

Last night I measured the delta between the ID of the bushings and OD of the barrels on both guns to compare.  The Shadow Target with 10X bushing was .002" and the stock Shadow2 was .005".  Pretty darn good for a factory gun IMHO.

Had to go to a Cajun Gun Works bushing on my S2 before accuracy seemed reasonable for a $1000 + gun , not expensive or hard to install but whatever the measurements might have been the end result was disappointing. 

1 hour ago, HSLPCZ said:

Great thread here rowdyb and thanks for documenting the upgrades.  I'm very much an amateur shooter but was lucky enough to have a friend/range master at my club get me on a fast track with my first comp gun, a CZ Shadow Target II.  Only mods to that platform were palm swells and CGW 10X bushing. LOVE this gun.  Just picked up a Shadow2 so very grateful for this info.

Thanks for the info. You got to have very good measurement equipment to get that precision. Especially the inside diameter is hard to get right.

14 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

There is inconsistency in the bushings. Some people are getting very tight fits and other people are having very loose bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm. That has been my luck with the 75's to date also. My most accurate still has a stock bushing but a couple others needed the CGW. Sounds like the S2 is made the same way as the base models in that regard. 

10 hours ago, PRanta said:

Thanks for the info. You got to have very good measurement equipment to get that precision. Especially the inside diameter is hard to get right.

Yup, they sure are.  You can trust those numbers are good.

Edited by HSLPCZ

Are there any places to purchase the Shadow 2 adjustable factory rear sight?  I saw one today and would like one for my shadow i'm thinking!

Hit up rowdyb, he had his milled for an LPA, so he may still have the take off

Need recommendations: 

CGW vs CZC hammer. anyone try both? I have used CZC in the past on SP01 but wondering about CGW in a S2? 

T1 vs T3 disco. Sounds like some people still have to fit the T1, so is it necessary take the extra time on the T3? seems like a T1 with hopes that it drops in with no travel is the way to go. I have fit a t3 before but doesn't sound necessary. 

stock vs CGW adjustable sear? better? only fit stock in the past. 

who has tinkered with the S2 the most and can share the best setup so far... 

Need recommendations: 
CGW vs CZC hammer. anyone try both? I have used CZC in the past on SP01 but wondering about CGW in a S2? 

T1 vs T3 disco. Sounds like some people still have to fit the T1, so is it necessary take the extra time on the T3? seems like a T1 with hopes that it drops in with no travel is the way to go. I have fit a t3 before but doesn't sound necessary. 

stock vs CGW adjustable sear? better? only fit stock in the past. 

who has tinkered with the S2 the most and can share the best setup so far... 

I can't speak for czc stuff ironically since I bought my gun from them, but I have all CGW stuff and the only difficulty I had was figuring out the T1 disco. Once I got the advice that I had to fit it even though it was drop in, it was easy... 3 light passes with a file and polish and it worked. Otherwise I'm happy with everything I did, which includes all the CGW stuff you mentioned. Including the bushing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Finally got my Shadow 2...by forgetting my deposit at the LGS and getting one from GB.  Didn't get the blue one as I had ordered but got it for about $150 less NIB.  Now I finally get to join everyone who's been shooting theirs for months.  Ack.

Thinking of changing up my recoil spring.... When I hammer a pair really quick the second is about 1.5" lower than the first shot consistently. So time to fool with the timing of it all that way a little.

8 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Thinking of changing up my recoil spring.... When I hammer a pair really quick the second is about 1.5" lower than the first shot consistently. So time to fool with the timing of it all that way a little.

I would be tickled shirtless if I could get mine 1.5" close together.

3 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

hahaha, well it is my preference to see a sight picture for both trigger pulls, but sometimes well you know....

Sometimes there a target six feet from the muzzle, and it makes sense to engage it at a dead sprint as you whizz by. Yeah. ;) 

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Sometimes there a target six feet from the muzzle, and it makes sense to engage it at a dead sprint as you whizz by. Yeah. ;) 

I'mma start calling you Delta Mike!

13 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

I'mma start calling you Delta Mike!

Not if you remember to look through the blurry sights for both shots as you roll past.

(Thats the optional part everyone neglects to share, so we all got to learn that lesson the hard way. Even at six feet, ya still gotta look.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

This is a great thread.  I've read it 3x so far.

Any other thoughts on best setup...particularly sear, hammer and disco?

Those who have changed the bushing, would you recommend it?

6 hours ago, bcp said:

This is a great thread.  I've read it 3x so far.

Any other thoughts on best setup...particularly sear, hammer and disco?

Those who have changed the bushing, would you recommend it?

T1 or T3 , or old style disco from cz custom, is more about what you prefer than what is best.

I like a smidge of pre-travel and have both the T1 & CZC disco's, they work fine for me.  

Put a bushing in my S2 & it helped, but my most accurate CZ still has the oem bushing. I'd shoot the particular gun and then install the bushing if I was not entirely happy.