Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

55 minutes ago, JHicks8h said:

The ones I had a part appeared to have a 15lbs main and 13lbs recoil spring. I went with the 13# main and an 11# recoil. 

Makes sense.  I also went to the 11 recoil.  I put the CGW 11.5 main spring in though.  

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/7/2017 at 5:18 PM, rowdyb said:

anyone finding if their Shadow 2 likes .355 or .356 bullets better?

I'll be changing over from ACME to RMR this week, so I should be able to give you some sort of answer.  It won't be anything scientific though.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:54 PM, rowdyb said:

Tore the gun apart today and repolished everything with a little more attention. Milled a new disco. Reamed my barrel and a few other odds and ends of special attention.

My numbers are nothing special from a rcbs spring style trigger pull gauge but the feel is amazing. I'd put the SA of this gun up against any other pistol. All of the testing, tuning and tweaking is just about done so AA can offer their "Rowdy Package" for the Shadow 2 similar to the "Jackson Package" for the Sp01 Shadows.

So you are saying that the barrels do NOT have the hard coating and reaming them is just like doing the S1 barrels? I just want to make sure as I have heard it both ways.

1 hour ago, bowenbuilt said:

So you are saying that the barrels do NOT have the hard coating and reaming them is just like doing the S1 barrels? I just want to make sure as I have heard it both ways.

Uhh. Stuart said someone at CZC broke their tool trying to ream the barrel.

My lpa rear sight is on and I like that blade waaaayyy better than the stock one. The notch is a little too narrow for the stock front sight  in my opinion, so ordered a dawson precision .215t and .100w. We'll see how much better I like that sight picture in front of my face.

Also, have gone back to using the shock buffs. I kinda like 'em. Do you used the thick or the thin? The thin seems to deform super quick on me.

Also, did some chrono and this is by far the fastest barrel of any of my 9mm cz pistols.

12 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

My lpa rear sight is on and I like that blade waaaayyy better than the stock one. The notch is a little too narrow for the stock front sight  in my opinion, so ordered a dawson precision .215t and .100w. We'll see how much better I like that sight picture in front of my face.

Also, have gone back to using the shock buffs. I kinda like 'em. Do you used the thick or the thin? The thin seems to deform super quick on me.

Also, did some chrono and this is by far the fastest barrel of any of my 9mm cz pistols.

What model did you buy? Did it require any milling work?

Can you post a pic?

I need to try out some of these sights because I just can't understand why you guys mill the slide for another set of sights. I'm completely content with the OEM sights on my S2 and 85C.

I'm using the thick shock buff, haven't shot anywhere near as much as you though. I haven't shot it without the buffer either though.

7 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I need to try out some of these sights because I just can't understand why you guys mill the slide for another set of sights. I'm completely content with the OEM sights on my S2 and 85C.

I like the S2 sights, old eyes prefer a 1.5mm fiber over a 1.0 but I could be happy as is.

The low profile rear sight on the 85c made me crazy when I was trying to shoot the gun at match speed. Worked fine for plinking. I ended up installing a fixed rear on that gun. 

i first shot it for a bit without any buffer. Now I've decided I like the feel of it.

My lpa rear is pretty tall. I just hated the edge cut of the stock rear sight.

I also just want a little more daylight between the blade and the notch. Thus the front sight change.

I also went back to the slim safety on the lh side.

18582034_10203509991548584_1144731497057977013_n.jpg

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I like the S2 sights, old eyes prefer a 1.5mm fiber over a 1.0 but I could be happy as is.

The low profile rear sight on the 85c made me crazy when I was trying to shoot the gun at match speed. Worked fine for plinking. I ended up installing a fixed rear on that gun. 

Is the OEM fiber 1.0mm? I thought it was the same 1.5mm as other fiber. My friend had a fiber on his 2011 that was much much smaller. I would like to try a fixed rear, but I rarely shoot my 85C now so not worth it for me:P

I went back to the slim safety as well on my S2. I thought I would like the extended safety, but the grip just didn't feel as comfortable.

1 hour ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Is the OEM fiber 1.0mm?

According to my calibrated eyeball. 

By the way, a soldering iron works well to remove the fiber. Dawson puts a groove in to make it easy to cut that is not there with the oem. 

1.5 mm fiber 3.1 mm overall (CZC) versus 1.0 mm fiber 3.0 mm overall .

The 1.5 is new and the 1.0 is in good shape but not brand new so the brightness difference might be exaggerated. I can not tell the difference in overall width except with my calipers. 

fatfiber.jpg.ecfd8121fcdbf0648f53e6322f397eeb.jpg

i went with the .215t x .100w dawson front sight and love it with the kensight lpa rear.

actually, gun won its first trophy this weekend, first match out with it!