Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

I change every spring in the gun every 6 months, mags included. I change slide stop once a year.

I break my slide stops every 10k. Broke 5 already almost exactly at 10k each....

BTW, do you use mecgar mags? If so where do you buy the springs for them to replace?

46 minutes ago, cheby said:

I break my slide stops every 10k. Broke 5 already almost exactly at 10k each....

BTW, do you use mecgar mags? If so where do you buy the springs for them to replace?

I get the wolf +10's

19 hours ago, cheby said:

Genius business strategy, design the slide stops to break every 10k roundsB) 

Also I wanted to ask, are there any basepads that cause the S2 to NOT fit in the box(Not that it really matters at the moment)?

I'm looking at the springers, which seem like the most popular option, but will they still fit the box? The shokbottles, at least from pictures it looks like they leave a gap between the pad and the bottom of the grip. I'd be worried this might allow me to over-insert a mag? I also checked out the CZC pads, nobody seems to use these but they look nice. 

On 5/4/2017 at 11:03 PM, Vanniek71 said:

I get the wolf +10's

I have probably only shot maybe 30,000 rounds through 9mm Cz mags, and I have had one spread too much on top, that being said, I just buy mecgars and use them and they work every time.

Do clean them once a year and sometimes before a level 2 match and I am just loading 10 rounds.

13 hours ago, WiII said:

Genius business strategy, design the slide stops to break every 10k roundsB) 

Have also busted slide stops and link pins in 1911's and 2011's. Could just be my bad luck. 

26 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I have probably only shot maybe 30,000 rounds through 9mm Cz mags, and I have had one spread too much on top, that being said, I just buy mecgars and use them and they work every time.

Do clean them once a year and sometimes before a level 2 match and I am just loading 10 rounds.

Have also busted slide stops and link pins in 1911's and 2011's. Could just be my bad luck. 

I only use mecgars now with the + springs and only load 10 unless I'm practicing.

I noticed with Stock springs the auto forward of the slide wasn't 100% on picking up a round each time when I slapped in a new mag, and I had some nosedive jams on stock CZ mags.... I wanted to make sure the jams never happened and I wanted to be able to auto forward and not use the slide release and have a round loaded 100% - so the + springs remedied all that for me lol

7 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

I only use mecgars now with the + springs and only load 10 unless I'm practicing.

I noticed with Stock springs the auto forward of the slide wasn't 100% on picking up a round each time when I slapped in a new mag, and I had some nosedive jams on stock CZ mags.... I wanted to make sure the jams never happened and I wanted to be able to auto forward and not use the slide release and have a round loaded 100% - so the + springs remedied all that for me lol

Good info. Maybe the load recipe is also part of the equation? I'm shooting sns 147's at 1.15, they seem to just work, but I am thinking hard about what you said on auto forward, so far my S2 does not seem happy about doing it but I have not tried anything and just figured it might be a break in thang. Other guns are pretty much 99% .

1 minute ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Good info. Maybe the load recipe is also part of the equation? I'm shooting sns 147's at 1.15, they seem to just work, but I am thinking hard about what you said on auto forward, so far my S2 does not seem happy about doing it but I have not tried anything and just figured it might be a break in thang. Other guns are pretty much 99% .

For my Shadows - I run 125's at 1.09 and it's 100%, but I have tried other Ammo and it's 100% now with that too. 

My S2 I need to test more but so far it's 100% with just dryfire and dunno Ammo loaded to the same spec as above

On 3/30/2017 at 4:51 PM, wurm said:

I just got in a Dawson. .240 front sight and it works perfectly. Same height as stock.

Hi,

I would like to ask if where can i buy the Dawson Front Sight with .240x.100 for CZ Shadow 2. I am from Canada but I have ways to buy it from US. Kindly provide me a part number.

Thanks.

I had issues with the +10s and the follower angling funny, went back to factory springs in my MecGar mags. I also had the problem over in Europe of the slide auto forwarding and not pickning up a round when I loaded to 15 (IPSC not USPSA), easy solution, install the 15/19 mag blocks from http://www.magazineblocks.com and no more problems. also prevents me from overloading a mag by accident and getting bumped to Open. 

Edited by slavex

6 hours ago, slavex said:

I had issues with the +10s and the follower angling funny, went back to factory springs in my MecGar mags. I also had the problem over in Europe of the slide auto forwarding and not pickning up a round when I loaded to 15 (IPSC not USPSA), easy solution, install the 15/19 mag blocks from magblock.com and no more problems. also prevents me from overloading a mag by accident and getting bumped to Open. 

I looked at the site from the link you provided, but could only find AR 15 magblock safety devices. What did I do incorrectly?

6 hours ago, slavex said:

I had issues with the +10s and the follower angling funny, went back to factory springs in my MecGar mags. I also had the problem over in Europe of the slide auto forwarding and not pickning up a round when I loaded to 15 (IPSC not USPSA), easy solution, install the 15/19 mag blocks from magblock.com and no more problems. also prevents me from overloading a mag by accident and getting bumped to Open. 

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products.html?p=6

Maybe this site?

9 hours ago, slavex said:

Are they acceptable for permanently blocking mags in Canada? 

Question:

Shadow 2 black and gray poly

I put in the T1 Disco, CGW Hammer, adjustable sear, 11.5 hammer spring, floating trigger pin, and reduced trigger return spring. I backed out the over travel screw completely. The trigger is chipping the frame poly coat because the trigger has to be pulled all the way back after the break in single and double because there is no over travel?? 

I took out the reduced trigger return spring because it felt mushy and with out the over travel I wanted something to help keep it off the frame. Or the illusion of. My adjustable sear had a strange bur on it, so I put the stock sear back in at the moment. 

I polished the strut to a mirror finish and parts of the trigger bar per kneeling Atlas guide. 

I will be taking it to the range after work tonight for function, but I am thinking the trigger burried into the frame and lack of over travel it may have issue.

Only thing I can think of is maybe taking material off the T1 Disco?? 

Anybody run into this?

19 minutes ago, RIPsaw475 said:

Kind of thought so. Just looking for assurance. 

Thanks.

I can't say exactly because I fit a T3 not T1 but it sounds like what the T3 does before enough material is removed so you might have to take off just a little.

Does anyone knows what is the factory main spring # and recoil spring # for the shadow 2? 

Does the shadow 1 trigger spring works in the S2? I have one available but not sure

thanks

9 minutes ago, MP9 said:

Does anyone knows what is the factory main spring # and recoil spring # for the shadow 2? 

Does the shadow 1 trigger spring works in the S2? I have one available but not sure

thanks

Same TRS.

I'm not sure about factory weight on main but I think it is 13, but may be incorrect... that is what came in mine but it was with CZC first.  Factory recoil spring is 16... again, Not entirely sure but that is my understanding.

5 hours ago, MP9 said:

thanks

The ones I had a part appeared to have a 15lbs main and 13lbs recoil spring. I went with the 13# main and an 11# recoil.