Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

8 hours ago, zeroryde said:

CGW said just the hammer is ok with the stock sear? I'm thinking of going this route as well the T1 disco with the CGW hammer, but wasn't sure if I needed the adjustable sear as well. I'm awaiting email responses from them.

It was reccomended to try it. On my S2 it works, but the break is not as crisp as my cz's with the adjustable sear installed.

7 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Well I decided to try out the whole 10x bushing thing in the Shadow 2. I did it this morning and it did make a measurable decrease in my group size at 25 yards. Both off hand and rested. If i had a rear sight I liked a little better I'd say I could shoot groups like my Accu.......

Bold talk.

That is my next thing. Group size so far has not been impressive. 

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

It was reccomended to try it. On my S2 it works, but the break is not as crisp as my cz's with the adjustable sear installed.

That is my next thing. Group size so far has not been impressive. 

Interesting. I thought filing the sear only had an effect regarding the safety function If it affects the break then I'm a lot more inclined to just get the adjustable sear.

4 hours ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Interesting. I thought filing the sear only had an effect regarding the safety function If it affects the break then I'm a lot more inclined to just get the adjustable sear.

I am not sure what is going on with the break. It is not bad. All I know for sure is that it is not as good as a couple of my 75's with the same hammer and those guns have the adjustable sear. Might be a good question for CGW.

Tore the gun apart today and repolished everything with a little more attention. Milled a new disco. Reamed my barrel and a few other odds and ends of special attention.

My numbers are nothing special from a rcbs spring style trigger pull gauge but the feel is amazing. I'd put the SA of this gun up against any other pistol. All of the testing, tuning and tweaking is just about done so AA can offer their "Rowdy Package" for the Shadow 2 similar to the "Jackson Package" for the Sp01 Shadows.

1 hour ago, Aceyduce said:

Fitted type 3 with stock hammer.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Do you feel any need to the race hammer? My springs and t3 are waiting for me in he mail box when I get off work. But I'm wondering if I should have got a hammer too.

14 hours ago, TheChef1 said:

Do you feel any need to the race hammer? My springs and t3 are waiting for me in he mail box when I get off work. But I'm wondering if I should have got a hammer too.

It's subjective. Some people have zero creep, mine had lots of creep.

Last night I install a 11.5 hammer spring, 11 pound recoil spring, reduced power TRS, ultralight kit, and the t3 disconector all from CGW. The fitting wasn't to bad once I got the hang of pulling the in apart. I had the ore travel to almost nothing at first but decided to take a little bit more material off to give just a little pretravel. The trigger is great now there's a touch of creep but I probably won't get a hammer anytime soon. I did a little polishing but got lazy around midnight so nothing is mirror polished but definitely better.

8.5 CGW hammer spring / 11 CGW recoil spring / CGW TRS / CGW ultralight kit. With the help of a friend, a little grinding on the mag catch.

My next modification will be a few cases of Bayous.

This gun is a pleasure to shoot.

I just had the opportunity to shoot the shadow 2 for the 2nd time at a match running a stage and the beat mod you can do to that gun is to sale it and buy a stock 2

I've owned both and disagree.

Both great guns, but depends on what kind of trigger you prefer IMO

3 hours ago, MNshooter said:

8.5 CGW hammer spring / 11 CGW recoil spring / CGW TRS / CGW ultralight kit. With the help of a friend, a little grinding on the mag catch.

My next modification will be a few cases of Bayous.

This gun is a pleasure to shoot.

What kind of Ammo have you shot with the 8.5?

1 hour ago, Vanniek71 said:

I've owned both and disagree.

Both great guns, but depends on what kind of trigger you prefer IMO

I didn't say anything about the trigger. The stock 2 is flat out just easier to track which results in faster shooting with better accuracy 

12 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

I didn't say anything about the trigger. The stock 2 is flat out just easier to track which results in faster shooting with better accuracy 

Didnt say you did. And again It depends on your style to which gun you'd prefer.  I can shoot them equally well, but I prefer the trigger on the Shadow 2, it doesn't stack like my S2 did. 

Maybe tracking on the S2 is better for you, that doesn't mean it is for all of us 

15 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

Maybe tracking on the S2 is better for you, that doesn't mean it is for all of us 

My nickel, it is a good time to be a production gun shooter :) 

Besides the two models mentioned, their are a few others very highly praised . 

26 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

Didnt say you did. And again It depends on your style to which gun you'd prefer.  I can shoot them equally well, but I prefer the trigger on the Shadow 2, it doesn't stack like my S2 did. 

Lol. Maybe so