Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Shadow 2 modifications

rowdyb

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/17/2017 at 8:51 PM, rowdyb said:

I am having issues with the stock hammer and the disconnector I chose. So that option is still being worked out. The addition of the CZ Comp hammer fixes it, but we didn't have enough in at the shop for me to take one and short a customer.

Which disconnector did you choose? Any recommendations for use with stock hammer to achieve best reset with minimal issues?

Edited by pau605177

S2 Mods: 8.5lb hammer spring, 11lb recoil spring, extended firing pin, and reduced power firing pin spring.  That's all for now. 6lb DA and 2.75lb SA. Practiced with 200 rounds on Friday.  Shot a match with it on Saturday. Not a single issue. Fed primers, of course. I like the balance of the gun better than my two other Shadows. I will be putting a new disco in to shorten the SA reset when I get the part from Seboweapons. I also need to polish the internals soon. 

3 hours ago, Severian said:

S2 Mods: 8.5lb hammer spring, 11lb recoil spring, extended firing pin, and reduced power firing pin spring.  That's all for now. 6lb DA and 2.75lb SA. Practiced with 200 rounds on Friday.  Shot a match with it on Saturday. Not a single issue. Fed primers, of course. I like the balance of the gun better than my two other Shadows. I will be putting a new disco in to shorten the SA reset when I get the part from Seboweapons. I also need to polish the internals soon. 

Nice to see the tuned numbers coming in! Finally got a tracking number so I should have a gun to fret about fairly shortly. 

With the 8.5# hammer spring I was hoping to get D.A. down to 4.5# (where I'm at with my 75's). Any reason the CGW trigger return spring (and floating trigger pin while I am at it) would not drop 0.5# off of your pull weights? Be interesting to see if polishing makes much difference with the S2, did not try before & after polishing checks with my other guns. 

Beyond those two things, I do not know what could be done for the D.A. , anybody ? 

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Nice to see the tuned numbers coming in! Finally got a tracking number so I should have a gun to fret about fairly shortly. 

With the 8.5# hammer spring I was hoping to get D.A. down to 4.5# (where I'm at with my 75's). Any reason the CGW trigger return spring (and floating trigger pin while I am at it) would not drop 0.5# off of your pull weights? Be interesting to see if polishing makes much difference with the S2, did not try before & after polishing checks with my other guns. 

Beyond those two things, I do not know what could be done for the D.A. , anybody ? 

I put in a reduced power trigger return when I resprung mine, haven't measured the pull weights yet though, but can confirm the spring and pin work just fine.

43 minutes ago, Vanniek71 said:

I put in a reduced power trigger return when I resprung mine, haven't measured the pull weights yet though, but can confirm the spring and pin work just fine.

Thanks! Will order, have the hardened punch. Nothing like taking a big hammer to a brand new gun. Was worried the first time so I called CGW and was told to 'hit it like you are mad at it' :) .

3 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I initially put the CGW reduced trigger spring in, but it made the SA a bit too mushy for my tastes.  Returned to the OEM.

2 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Thanks! Will order, have the hardened punch. Nothing like taking a big hammer to a brand new gun. Was worried the first time so I called CGW and was told to 'hit it like you are mad at it' :) .

Grip it and rip it I always say lol

2 random questions in case anybody has already added these:

1. Dawson front sight: which height would be appropriate? .240?

2. I know old SP01 grips fit. However, I know the SSI scales have such tight tolerances that i'm wondering if they fit the new frame?

56 minutes ago, Sliv2 said:

2. I know old SP01 grips fit. However, I know the SSI scales have such tight tolerances that i'm wondering if they fit the new frame?

If you are using the Dawson Front sight the .240 is the correct height to get.

2 hours ago, Sliv2 said:

I don't know anything about Dawson sights but the Shadow 2 front sight is 7.5mm so that converts to .295"

51 minutes ago, Chili said:

I don't know anything about Dawson sights but the Shadow 2 front sight is 7.5mm so that converts to .295"

Dawson and CZ give their heights in the context of different dimensions, fyi. 

5 minutes ago, Sliv2 said:

Dawson and CZ give their heights in the context of different dimensions, fyi. 

In theory the Dawson number is the distance that the sight extends above the surface of the slide & the CZ number is the actual height of the sight (includes the portion below the surface of the slide).   

In practice it seems like it is hard to go back & forth & get it right the first time (or maybe I just screw it up). 

2 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

In theory the Dawson number is the distance that the sight extends above the surface of the slide & the CZ number is the actual height of the sight (includes the portion below the surface of the slide).   

In practice it seems like it is hard to go back & forth & get it right the first time (or maybe I just screw it up). 

Agreed on both lol. I think JHicks was spot on with his .240 height. 

53 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Good to know, never ordered Dawson Sights.  I just knew that stock sight on a Shadow 2 was 7.5mm and knew that did not convert to .240

3 hours ago, Sliv2 said:

Out of curiosity, did you go .100 or .090? 

I waffled back and forth and ended up ordering both.  I started with the 0.90 and so far I'm liking it.  A little bit more light showing in the sight picture.  I suppose time will tell if I made the right choice or if I have to switch to the .100.

2 hours ago, wurm said:

I waffled back and forth and ended up ordering both.  I started with the 0.90 and so far I'm liking it.  A little bit more light showing in the sight picture.  I suppose time will tell if I made the right choice or if I have to switch to the .100.

Good to know. I hope you report back with your final choice. I'm currently having the same internal conflict. 

Have any of you guys replaced the rear sight on the shadow 2 yet?  I'm thinking of replacing mine.  I am not a fan of the stock one so far.  I'm open to suggestions as to what one to get as well.  I always liked the fixed competition one that the shadow 1 had.

4 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

Have any of you guys replaced the rear sight on the shadow 2 yet?  I'm thinking of replacing mine.  I am not a fan of the stock one so far.  I'm open to suggestions as to what one to get as well.  I always liked the fixed competition one that the shadow 1 had.

I agree the rear sight isn't my favorite. I'd prefer the flat blade style I have on my Shadow Targets

I'd prefer the lpa cut Kensight that is on my Accu Shadow hahaha. But I'm learning to like the stock Shadow 2 rear sight. (Though I did have to push mine right a bit. Matching both what I was shooting and then what the laser bore sight said was center)

Disconnector, I use the "gunsmith fit" one from CZC. The disco on the new guns is slightly different. I milled my first one to absolutely zero over travel at reset. This was two extreme and I had to take a little bit off and also check the position of my trigger over travel screw to get reliable reset. All stuff we know from the regular Shadow.

Adding the CZC wide Comp hammer was a positive change and it still is setting off Winchester all the time with a 13# main spring. The hammer took a little fitting to the frame and sear cage.

I too also really like the new OEM trigger return spring. I might retro fit it into my older guns.

I'm still digging the VX diamond back palm swells as well. ( I have a pair of black LOK palm swells w/out the mag groove for trade if someone wants to....)

With the wide LH side safety installed I have an awesome thumb rest that feels just like my Tac Sport. But I am totally unable to reach the slide release should I ever, never fingers crossed, have to do a slide lock reload on the clock with the gun.

Still waiting on my holster from the holster guy, so no comment on slide wear from a holster.

Who all has left their shock buffer in and what do you think of it??

I shoot my Accu Shadow better currently. Getting a holster and a month of practice will probably change that...??

Edited by rowdyb