Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DVC 3 Gun - Disassembly help needed

alleycat

I just received a new DVC 3 Gun and I'm planning to strip and lube prior to trying it out this weekend. In an attempt not to screw something up prior to firing first shot I want to be sure and get the field strip and reassembly procedure correct. The instructions in STI manual that came with gun are not great and don't even mention a procedure for gun like the 3 Gun Model. I'm used to cleaning 1911's with solid guide rods and bushings but I am new to 2011's with guide rods that have a hole in them to insert paper clip to release spring tension, etc. I have searched internet and you tube for help with no luck.

Should I just field strip this gun like a regular 1911? Any help appreciated. 

Edited by alleycat
first post was unclear

20 minutes ago, alleycat said:

I watched that Mike but that's not a bushing barrel like the 3 Gun. I just wanted to be sure that procedure wasn't any different for my gun. I appreciate the help.

Actually I the video he does mention dealing with a bushing barrel but my gun is new and I am having difficulty getting the bushing to come off. I can turn the bushing fine and remove spring but I can't get bushing to come out of slide. Must just be new and super tight. Thanks 

8 hours ago, alleycat said:

Actually I the video he does mention dealing with a bushing barrel but my gun is new and I am having difficulty getting the bushing to come off. I can turn the bushing fine and remove spring but I can't get bushing to come out of slide. Must just be new and super tight. Thanks 

Turn the bushing the opposite way to remove the bushing. 

Edited by scooterj

Once you get the recoil spring compressed with the paper clip or a plastic adapter, remove the guide rod & recoil spring. Once you do that, rotate the bushing all the way to the side. After you have done that, fold the barrel link up. Slide the barrel forward and bump out the bushing. It shouldn't take much force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time we disassembled my son's DVC 3-gun the bushing was very tight to remove the first time, turn it and the wiggle it out. It will come. Each time will be easier. You have a tool less guide rode. Same as my DVC open. Push it forward until the lever shows and the tip the back of the lever up until it catches the edge and push forward it will come off.

gerritm