Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Custom Limited 40 conversion to Open

Nichiren

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some info and figured someone here has probably tried it at some point and can help me out.

I have a Tanfoglio Custom Limited (large frame) in 40 SW I also have a barrel and comp in 9mm major that fits the longer slide (3port)

now will this barrel swap work with my 40 slide or do I need a new slide? I have received conflicting comments on this mostly relative to the breach face being different on the open gun. 

Has anyone converted their limited gun to open (40 -> 9mm) what kind of issues can I expect ? 

By the end of the year I plan on getting a new slide so I can build a dedicated top end but until then I am trying to figure out what I should be looking at if I want to shoot it this summer.

thanks

Update: After talking with Henning he confirmed that it should work but because the breach face is bigger then the 9mm I can get issues with the ejector and empty cases getting stuck in the gun (FTE). 

17240423_1397013353662796_5480768336975402421_o.jpg

Edited by Nichiren
added reply from Henning

4 hours ago, MrPostman said:

Just buy my 9mm Limited and drop the barrel in, problem solved. Take $1500 for the gun and mags, add $100 for the racer holster.

http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?/topic/245541-Tanfoglio-Limited-9mm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I wish it was that easy :) import and exchange would be the same price as a new one :)

• 4 weeks later...