Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2

RickyH

15 minutes ago, CosmosMpower said:

I know it's in a different class but will a shadow 2 outshoot a TSO?

I just don't see how you can compare them for the exact reason you mentioned. They're designed to dominate in their respective categories, and it's not really reasonable to expect it to outperform the other in a category it wasn't designed for.

I'm picking up my poly shadow 2 in a few hours. Then got a call about about a nitride one with the pretty blue grips.  So I need two?  I already got two shadow 1's. 

Ha ha. Man, I got a problem!

So I called CZ-USA today and spoke with a sales rep and their gunsmith.  I was looking for as much information as I could gather about the dimensional differences in the grip area between the Shadow 2 and the TS Orange.

I can't decide which one I want, but I just sold my  Tanfoglio Stock III because the grip area it was a bit too big, even with thin aluminum grips.

Both the sales rep and the gunsmith agreed that even though the Shadow 2 takes the smaller CZ-75 magazines, the grip has significantly more girth.  In fact, both agreed that even after holding the Shadow 2 and the TS Orange, they wouldn't be able to declare that the Shadow 2 was smaller than the TS Orange.

So now I'm nervous.  The original CZ-75 frame is perfect for me, but I really, really want checkering (no grip tape).  I'm concerned that buying the Shadow 2 will feel like the Stock III which I don't like.  I know some say the Stock III and the Shadow 2 are close cousins, but I also know that we can only get the large frame version of the Stock III.  I would have assumed people would be more correctly comparing the Shadow 2 to the small frame Stock III.  Now I'm not so sure.

Anyone have any insight that can help me?

The grip is a little wider. But to me it feels smaller at the top where you get your hand up under the beavertail. The circumference of the gun feels good there.

I am running flaz VZ grips on mine right now, I wear a medium motorcycle glove, and the gun feels awesome.

On 3/20/2017 at 0:13 AM, Kingair001 said:

Mine - is on the way - but has the black grips

At Shot Show they showed a Shadow 2 with red grips and base + red trigger and mag release

Looks nice !

c5a0f0a820309e30d320f9cdd91a3219.jpg

This i would buy in a heartbeat!! Stock shadow 2 not so much, my cajunized cz85 combat fills the bill for production uspsa

16 hours ago, glock24 said:

So I called CZ-USA today and spoke with a sales rep and their gunsmith.  I was looking for as much information as I could gather about the dimensional differences in the grip area between the Shadow 2 and the TS Orange.

I can't decide which one I want, but I just sold my  Tanfoglio Stock III because the grip area it was a bit too big, even with thin aluminum grips.

Both the sales rep and the gunsmith agreed that even though the Shadow 2 takes the smaller CZ-75 magazines, the grip has significantly more girth.  In fact, both agreed that even after holding the Shadow 2 and the TS Orange, they wouldn't be able to declare that the Shadow 2 was smaller than the TS Orange.

So now I'm nervous.  The original CZ-75 frame is perfect for me, but I really, really want checkering (no grip tape).  I'm concerned that buying the Shadow 2 will feel like the Stock III which I don't like.  I know some say the Stock III and the Shadow 2 are close cousins, but I also know that we can only get the large frame version of the Stock III.  I would have assumed people would be more correctly comparing the Shadow 2 to the small frame Stock III.  Now I'm not so sure.

Anyone have any insight that can help me?

Not sure if this will help. 

Am not one of the rotten and spoiled sob's that has a shadow 2 already, but maybe this will give you a flavor of how the TSO's compare to a traditional 75 (seems like everyone has shot a 75 at one time or another so I am making an assumption). Going back and forth shooting yesterday you definetly feel the higher grip with your hand seated into the TSO but it seems like it does not screw up your index. My 75 is actually wider, but that it only because of my choice of grips. 

Shadow 2 adjustable magazine release would definetly be better I think. Mine (TSO) is digging a tunnel in my left hand. 

compare.thumb.jpg.ec3841979c06cb716ce15d93b2280b53.jpg

7 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Not sure if this will help. 

Am not one of the rotten and spoiled sob's that has a shadow 2 already, but maybe this will give you a flavor of how the TSO's compare to a traditional 75 (seems like everyone has shot a 75 at one time or another so I am making an assumption). Going back and forth shooting yesterday you definetly feel the higher grip with your hand seated into the TSO but it seems like it does not screw up your index. My 75 is actually wider, but that it only because of my choice of grips. 

Shadow 2 adjustable magazine release would definetly be better I think. Mine (TSO) is digging a tunnel in my left hand. 

compare.thumb.jpg.ec3841979c06cb716ce15d93b2280b53.jpg

Yes!  This helps a ton!

Thank you very much!