Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is polishing the powder measure still a thing?

I heard about polishing the powder measure to increase throw consistency, but looking through old posts i don't see many recent mentions of it.  I also read that the powder measures now have some parts coated in teflon from dillon?  So this might actually not be as good of an idea as it once was?

I have also but its too difficult to say that my accurate throws are down to this alone. I suspect it is a combination of all the tweaks that I have done. I am sure it cant hurt and took only a few minutes.

6 hours ago, Solvability said:

I did it and it maybe helped and it certainly did not hurt. Stick powders still don't throw accurately and ball powders do.

+1. The accuracy is Ok with flake powders and VV stick powders but IMR styles like 3031 4064 and 4350 are a bit rough. The saving grace is that I am normally loading rifles with IMR powders and a tenth or two variation is not a big issue for me.

Ball and spherical powders are not an issue.

I load some flake powders like Clay Dot, American Select, and 700x and I think that polishing the interior helped the throw consistency.  If I got a new power measure I'd polish the inside.