Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ accu shadow loads for 124 gr and misc

PaladinPrecision

I am about to pull the trigger on ordering an Accu shadow for production/ three gun. I was wondering if anyone had accurate loads they had tried. I have a bunch of WSF, Universal clays, power pistol. My last accuracy test with my glock had 5.4 grains of PP with mg 124gr jhp as the most accurate. Just curious if anyone has a pet CZ 75 load for 115, 124 jhp, 124 coated, 124 lead or 135/147  jacketed or coated. I plan on using coated bullets for pew pew and maybe sticking with MG for matches since I have had pretty darn good accuracy with them.

Does CZC have any recommendations (what do they test fire with)?

Have you contacted the Bullseye-L forum for their results?

Order with the standard CZ barrel or a custom match barrel? With a custom match barrel, you can get a slower twist for better accuracy with 115-124gn bullets.

In general, I can say that Power Pistol is almost always about as good as it gets for 9x19 accuracy, but I contacted one Bullseye shooter with an Accu that claims to do well with very fast powders (AA2, Bullseye, Red Dot).

My most accurate bullets in 9x19 are:

1) Zero 121gn 38 Super JHP

2) Montana Gold .38/125gr JHP

In these cases, accuracy is <2" at 50 yards

Note: the cartridge length restriction on any bullet I have ever shot with a shoulder is when the shoulder hits the lede/rifling--and the nose has nothing to do with it. I use seating stems that only contact the shoulder--this way, once adjusted, it works for EVERY SWC, no matter the nose style. If the ogive of the RN-SWC is hitting the lede, it must have very "thin" shoulders.

@PaladinPrecision can't help you with those powders.  I use N320 and PV mostly for 9mm minor. Your final load recipe will vary based on bullet profile,however ~3.5g of PV or N320 under a 135 coated bullet or ~4.0g under a 124 coated will get you comfortably into minor PF.  You'll need to determine what OAL works for your barrel, on mine I need to load deeper for my CZ than I do, say for my Glock.

Cool, thanks. I am not surprised by the N320 loads. I ran N320 with my G34 in production till I realized that it also liked wsf for quit a bit less in bulk cost. So I think I am going to have match ammo with the MG 124 jhp with M320 (already load for that), and maybe some blue or bayou 124/135 with WSF / WST since I have tons of that.) practice loads depending on what is most accurate for the 130-135 pf. 

I have noticed that in 9minor there are several powders that seem get more accurate as the powder charge increases. Lol.Thanks for the input guys. 

Edited by PaladinPrecision

• 2 weeks later...

PaladinPrecision, I just got some Prima V in today, I'm going to be testing several bullets with this powder in my Accu-Shadow, G34, and STI DVC using my ransom rest. I re-send you my updated spreadsheet when I'm done. Hope the spreadsheet I sent you didn't make your brain hurt. Anyway 124 gr. bullets will be best for your Accu-shadow. Once you pick a load, experiment because depending where you live YMMV from mine. I usually start with an OAL .010" off the lands, and start 10% below max charge listed in the manual, and load using same brand cases, don't mix cases in 9mm. I work up in .2 gr increments. Whichever load shoots most accurate and makes power factor above 125 is what I experiment with. First I adjust OAL up .005" from what I started, then down in .010" increments to say no shorter than 1.060" with flat point or 1.100 with round nose. Once I find what OAL is most accurate, I experiment with crimp. Start with .375" then up to .380" in .001" increments. Usually what shoots most accurate in my Accu-shadow will also shoot well in my other guns, but every barrel is different. My STI and Glocks like longer OAL's if I'm working loads specifically for them. I.E. 124 PD JHP's in accu-shadow likes 1.080, and in the STI and Glock 1.120. As you saw in my spreadsheet,  I test for accuracy at the same time as I measure velocity. Also single digit standard deviations aren't necessarily the most accurate. 

On 3/16/2017 at 11:34 PM, noylj said:

Order with the standard CZ barrel or a custom match barrel?

My test target from stock to accu went from over 3 inches to a quick measurement with calipers was .0622 inch for a 5 shot group. Which makes this pistol the most accurate I own. Stock barrel, like many of the guns on the market and the barrel makers... The fit of the barrel is much more important than the barrel mfg in a handgun.

2 minutes ago, PaladinPrecision said:

My test target from stock to accu went from over 3 inches to a quick measurement with calipers was .0622 inch for a 5 shot group. Which makes this pistol the most accurate I own. Stock barrel, like many of the guns on the market and the barrel makers... The fit of the barrel is much more important than the barrel mfg in a handgun.

What load was this and how far away?

8 hours ago, Darrell said:

PaladinPrecision, I just got some Prima V in today, I'm going to be testing several bullets with this powder in my Accu-Shadow, 

Your method of reloading mirrors mine, I just don't find the time to actually get out and do it with more than one handgun a year or so. lol. I also have a ransom rest, I just need to call them and order the CZ insert tomorrow. I have been worrying more about the trigger setup as it cams a bit and is 8lbs in da which is a little more than I want. I am currently a Mechanical Engineering student so your spreadsheet held far more credibility than a lot of people posting opinions, I was able to form my own conclusions. Like 124 is the way to go unless I choose MG 121. I have a bin of 124 mg JHP sitting on my desk waiting to be loaded. I need to get my Dillon 650 bullet feeder properly setup and then I will start cranking out ammo once the load is figured out. Grips and springs are going on order in the next 20 min also lol. 

2 minutes ago, Superpipe9 said:

What load was this and how far away?

Zero bullets, fiochi factory ammo. I think it was just an exceptional load for this gun. Not saying this is going to be the average group. 25 meters is the test distance on a ransom rest. Angus Hobdel suggests 124 gr zero with 4.0 N320. 

• 2 weeks later...