Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide million for CZ Shadow?

Nemesis Lead

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about getting my Shadow slide milled for a DeltaPoint Pro (Carry Optics Gun).  

A few questions:

1)  Can you please recommend a reputable company to do the milling?  Looking for the usual--good work, good prices, fast turnaround, stand behind work, etc..

2)  Are there any known issues with milling CZ slides for optics?  I worry a bit about the extractor pin on the top of the slide.

3)  Can CZs have their optics mounted low or are there issues there?

4)  Anything else I should know about milling CZ slides?

5)  For those who shoot carry optics, do you use backup sights?

Many thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, Nemesis Lead said:

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about getting my Shadow slide milled for a DeltaPoint Pro (Carry Optics Gun).  

A few questions:

1)  Can you please recommend a reputable company to do the milling?  Looking for the usual--good work, good prices, fast turnaround, stand behind work, etc..

2)  Are there any known issues with milling CZ slides for optics?  I worry a bit about the extractor pin on the top of the slide.

Many thanks in advance!

1. I sent mine to Springer Precision for the milling. They mill further back compared to CZ Custom. Cost was around $160 for milling and cerakote. Took about 5 weeks to turnaround for me.

2. Issue seems to be milling further forward on slide close to the extractor.

3. I found mine to be decently low.

4. I just had mine done and have limited experience.

5. No sights on mine.

I'll be at Richmond on Sunday for the match if you would like me to bring it to check out. I have only shot it once at a classifier match so I have very limited experience with it.

19 hours ago, Nemesis Lead said:

Hi Guys,

A few questions:

CZC did my Accu-Shadow,  Springer Precision did my CZ 85 Combat.

You can mill the extractor pin if needed.

If you have Shadow without the firing pin block you can mill 0.250"+ deep.

NO backup sights, they just slow you down!

Many thanks in advance!

I posted a pic of my Accu-Shadow and my CZ 85 Combat both milled 0.250" deep into the slide

image_zpsv1iqkxfw.jpegHealey_0233_zpsa94d1143.jpg

Edited by CZ85Combat

They are both cut 0.250" deep.  CZC has the best cut as it is a Multi Optic Sight Cut.  you can mount, Leupold Delta Piont, Leupold Delta Piont Pro, C-More STS, C-More RTS II, C-More STS II, Vortex Razor, Burris FastFire 2 & 3, Docter, Vortex Venom.

multi_optic_mount__sdw5222logo.jpg

multi_optic_cut__sdw4782_1.jpg

If you know you are going Deltapoint Pro on a SP01 Shadow top end, I think currently Springer Precision may have one of the better cuts for that specific combination. 

Scott has set it up so that the DP Pro sandwiches perfectly behind the extractor pin, and just in front of the firing pin plate, so neither of those are touched. And because there is not firing ping block, you can get reasonable low, certainly lower than you can with a firing ping block upper.

In the past, my CZC milled multi-optic cut was forward of the extractor pin, you can see where CZ85Combat's pin is now under the optic and milled shorter. The advantage of the multi optic is its very versatile and doesn't lock you into an optic. But you trade away exact fit, the deltapoint will have a space in the front, while the RTS2 will have space in the rear.

(My first go around with Springer last year we had it all the way back so the firing pin plate was milled on the top, and you had to watch clearance with the hammer.)

I think with the Deltapoint, Springer has it just about perfect now for the SP01 shadow top end. You can check out @ Richmond anytime.

TRGT-CO.png

Edited by trgt

On 3/16/2017 at 7:29 AM, Ck867 said:

1. I sent mine to Springer Precision for the milling. They mill further back compared to CZ Custom. Cost was around $160 for milling and cerakote. Took about 5 weeks to turnaround for me.

2. Issue seems to be milling further forward on slide close to the extractor.

3. I found mine to be decently low.

4. I just had mine done and have limited experience.

5. No sights on mine.

I'll be at Richmond on Sunday for the match if you would like me to bring it to check out. I have only shot it once at a classifier match so I have very limited experience with it.

Yes--I would love to check it out!  I will be there Sunday!

On 3/17/2017 at 4:44 AM, trgt said:

In the past, my CZC milled multi-optic cut was forward of the extractor pin, you can see where CZ85Combat's pin is now under the optic and milled shorter.

extractor pin was not milled on the Accu-Shadow milled by CZC, or the 85Combat milled by Springer Precision.

4 hours ago, CZ85Combat said:

extractor pin was not milled on the Accu-Shadow milled by CZC, or the 85Combat milled by Springer Precision.

Oh, ok, sorry, my mistake. The picture you posted looked like the extractor pin was in the multioptic cut area.  Are yours deltpoint specific cut? 

Edited by trgt