Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Milling for M&P?

Nemesis Lead

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about getting my M&P slide milled for a DeltaPoint Pro (Carry Optics Gun).  Before you say, "Just get an M&P Core."  I live in California and can't buy one.

A few questions:

1)  Can you please recommend a reputable company to do the milling?  Looking for the usual--good work, good prices, fast turnaround, stand behind work, etc..

2)  Are there any known issues with milling M&P slides for optics?  I worry a bit about the extractor pin on the top of the slide.

3)  Can M&P's have their optics mounted low or are there issues there?

4)  Anything else I should know about milling M&P slides?

5)  For those who shoot carry optics, do you use backup sights?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about getting my M&P slide milled for a DeltaPoint Pro (Carry Optics Gun).  Before you say, "Just get an M&P Core."  I live in California and can't buy one.

A few questions:

1)  Can you please recommend a reputable company to do the milling?  Looking for the usual--good work, good prices, fast turnaround, stand behind work, etc..

2)  Are there any known issues with milling M&P slides for optics?  I worry a bit about the extractor pin on the top of the slide.

3)  Can M&P's have their optics mounted low or are there issues there?

4)  Anything else I should know about milling M&P slides?

5)  For those who shoot carry optics, do you use backup sights?

Many thanks in advance!

My buddy is a machinist and milled his own slide without issue for his Fast Fire III.

The FF3 has a line on the back approximating the location of a rear sight in the event of failure, and that worked well enough with the stock front sight to hit a plate at 20 feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not get a carry optic top end for your current production gun? Then you have the trigger and all the kit (mags, holster) you are already used to. CZ Custom sells the uppers stand alone.

4 hours ago, trgt said:

Why not get a carry optic top end for your current production gun? Then you have the trigger and all the kit (mags, holster) you are already used to. CZ Custom sells the uppers stand alone.

I am completely set up for multiple platforms  :lol:

From a magazine standpoint.....I am actually better set up on the M&P.

Still making a decision between the two.....

• 3 months later...

There's this build:

Also, a local friend has a heavily cut .40 longslide M&P. Large lightening ports on the sides and other material removed in other places.

Looks great. So yeah it can be done, no problem. His gun looks much like this one from Google, but black:

IMG_5282.JPG.25e5f1f844cf4e1bf092d596186b79ee.JPG

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 2 weeks later...