Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Aftermarket Wish List

Sig0431

Wanted to give this a shot to see if people wanted to chime in. I know that reps from the aftermarket sector and Team Shooters belong to this site so I wanted to start a thread on what we as consumers would like to see supported for both the current and X-Five P-320. The items do not have to be competition focused.

1. Weighted inserts for grip module.

2. Weighted under barrel attachment.

3. Primary and secondary spring recoil system.

4. Magazine base pads that do not require modification to the magazine.

5. P320 specific magwell with replaceable inserts. The magwell that I run form Springer Precision is actually made for the XD which is why they recommend SP install it since modifications have to be made to the grip for it to fit.

6. Trigger systems that will result in a sub 3lb pull.

#1, 4 and 5 are standard on the X-Five.  The x-series grip has a steel weight insert, and a removable steel mag well that is contoured to match the grip.  The mag well doesn't have replaceable inserts like the Dawson Ice, but it is steel, which is far more durable than aluminum.  140mm mags are also standard with the X-Five.

For #2 and 3, I would prefer a tungsten guide rod that allows the use of a 1911 recoil spring rather than adding a weight to the rail.  I prefer the DAA race master holster over other designs, which it not compatible with rail accessories.  Steel guide rods are available from GrayGuns or SP, but they don't add weight.

Completely agree with #6.  I would really like to see availability of trigger system parts on par with the Apex M&P kits.  This would be at the top of my wish list.

This may fit the bill as to trigger parts, along with polishing and messing with springs. Been a long time coming.

Grayguns, Inc. today announced the release of the Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger for the SIG SAUER® P320. The new P320 trigger is the first bar-stock trigger designed to enhance feel and reduce trigger pull weight, by 2 to 2.5 pounds. The kit includes a custom trigger bar spring and heavy-duty extended sear housing pin. The installation results in minimum over-travel, with a smoother take-up and release sensation. The design preserves all mechanical safety values of the original trigger, and is available in both a straight-face and curved-face design.

“Grayguns completed a 24-month research and development project prior to the launch of the drop-in kit,” said Bruce Gray, president of Grayguns. “We worked closely with more than 30 competitive shooters and industry experts to finalize and prove the design to ensure we released a simple-to-install kit that could be used for competition, carry and law enforcement duty applications.”

The curved trigger’s external dimensions are a factory-analog match to the stock design. As such, current owners of the P320 will be able to install the kit and shoot the gun in the United States Practical Shooting Association’s (USPSA) Production division.

“The stock P320 trigger is very good out of the box,” said Gray. “The design of the P320 is such that it is difficult to enhance the trigger pull for enhancement or competitive purposes while keeping the design as safe as the production model. We’re confident we have safe and reliable P320 solutions to meet the needs of every shooter who is looking to improve an already good trigger.”

The Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger drop-in kit has a retail price of $99 and is available online. The package offers full compatibility within the P320 system in all calibers and sizes.

4 hours ago, sfinney said:

The Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger drop-in kit has a retail price of $99 and is available online. The package offers full compatibility within the P320 system in all calibers and sizes.

Yeah...after taking a file to it to adjust the trigger stop pad...

The trigger is not worth 100 dollars.  If grey guns can get this trigger approved for production by greasing the right palms then Apex needs to do the same and get their 50 dollar triggers approved.

50 dollars for a drop in trigger im OK with.  One hundred dollars for no change in trigger feel but a reduction in weight of two pounds is a bit ridiculous.

I understand economy of scale and I get that the 320 is not as popular as the Glock but there are a metric boat ton of Glock trigger kits that can be had for 150-250 dollars that VASTLY improve every aspect of the trigger.  I dont understand why the market is so slow to catch up and release an actual trigger KIT for the platform that fundamentally changes the characteristics for the better.

Being forced to send your gun off for a 350+ dollar trigger kit install is a little absurd as well unless there is an engineering reason as to why a drop in trigger kit cannot be offered.  I would love to be enlightened.

16 hours ago, Vizorn said:

#1, 4 and 5 are standard on the X-Five.  The x-series grip has a steel weight insert, and a removable steel mag well that is contoured to match the grip.  The mag well doesn't have replaceable inserts like the Dawson Ice, but it is steel, which is far more durable than aluminum.  140mm mags are also standard with the X-Five.

For #2 and 3, I would prefer a tungsten guide rod that allows the use of a 1911 recoil spring rather than adding a weight to the rail.  I prefer the DAA race master holster over other designs, which it not compatible with rail accessories.  Steel guide rods are available from GrayGuns or SP, but they don't add weight.

Completely agree with #6.  I would really like to see availability of trigger system parts on par with the Apex M&P kits.  This would be at the top of my wish list.

I was unaware that weighted inserts came with the X5 that is good to know. As for the magwell I have seen many pictures of it and it is about the size of the carry version magwell for my Glock 19. For USPSA Limited I will probally prefer a larger magwell.

58 minutes ago, Magsz said:

Yeah...after taking a file to it to adjust the trigger stop pad...

The trigger is not worth 100 dollars.  If grey guns can get this trigger approved for production by greasing the right palms then Apex needs to do the same and get their 50 dollar triggers approved.

50 dollars for a drop in trigger im OK with.  One hundred dollars for no change in trigger feel but a reduction in weight of two pounds is a bit ridiculous.

I understand economy of scale and I get that the 320 is not as popular as the Glock but there are a metric boat ton of Glock trigger kits that can be had for 150-250 dollars that VASTLY improve every aspect of the trigger.  I dont understand why the market is so slow to catch up and release an actual trigger KIT for the platform that fundamentally changes the characteristics for the better.

Being forced to send your gun off for a 350+ dollar trigger kit install is a little absurd as well unless there is an engineering reason as to why a drop in trigger kit cannot be offered.  I would love to be enlightened.

I believe the reason they have a 300 dollar trigger job and use special parts that they don't offer to the public is because it is difficult to retain the safety of the pistol.  I could be wrong about that but in their video for the pelt system they talk about maintaining the safeties and how they accomplish that in different ways when they do their in house kit.  Makes me think they just can't release it for legal reasons. Again I could be completely wrong there but I agree there has to be a reason and that makes sense to me. 

5 hours ago, sfinney said:

Grayguns, Inc. today announced the release of the Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger for the SIG SAUER® P320. The new P320 trigger is the first bar-stock trigger designed to enhance feel and reduce trigger pull weight, by 2 to 2.5 pounds. The kit includes a custom trigger bar spring and heavy-duty extended sear housing pin. The installation results in minimum over-travel, with a smoother take-up and release sensation. The design preserves all mechanical safety values of the original trigger, and is available in both a straight-face and curved-face design.

“Grayguns completed a 24-month research and development project prior to the launch of the drop-in kit,” said Bruce Gray, president of Grayguns. “We worked closely with more than 30 competitive shooters and industry experts to finalize and prove the design to ensure we released a simple-to-install kit that could be used for competition, carry and law enforcement duty applications.”

The curved trigger’s external dimensions are a factory-analog match to the stock design. As such, current owners of the P320 will be able to install the kit and shoot the gun in the United States Practical Shooting Association’s (USPSA) Production division.

“The stock P320 trigger is very good out of the box,” said Gray. “The design of the P320 is such that it is difficult to enhance the trigger pull for enhancement or competitive purposes while keeping the design as safe as the production model. We’re confident we have safe and reliable P320 solutions to meet the needs of every shooter who is looking to improve an already good trigger.”

I have a hard time spending $99 on a trigger system that once installed will still result in over 3lb pull. I have read many reviews of the PELT and while it is a nice system compared to the APEX trigger alone, no one has seen sub 3lb pull with just the install of the PELT alone.

1 hour ago, Sig0431 said:

I have a hard time spending $99 on a trigger system that once installed will still result in over 3lb pull. I have read many reviews of the PELT and while it is a nice system compared to the APEX trigger alone, no one has seen sub 3lb pull with just the install of the PELT alone.

109 bucks with shipping for a two pound reduction.

The trigger does NOT change the feel or characteristics at all.

The SPRING by itself took 1.3 pounds off of my trigger pull.  I would have been happy paying 10 dollars for a damn spring by itself versus 109 for the trigger shoe...

1 hour ago, Sig0431 said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this, this is the first I have seen it. Looks to have the same results as the GG but for half the price.

http://www.ammoland.com/2017/03/apex-reduces-trigger-pull-weight-two-new-triggers-sig-p320/

I'm guessing not Production legal?

So where do we get just the spring Magz mentioned above?

Bought a 320 about six weeks ago and I was not impressed with the 7-1/2 pound trigger so being a sucker for gadgets  I bought a gg trigger which did dropped it a couple pounds making it pretty close to my glocks. The problem is I feel stupid after seeing that if I would have been a little more patient I could have got the apex for half the cost lol.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone explain how a GG trigger can be production legal? It is an external part nor made by the factory. It seems open and shut illegal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, f2benny said:

Can anyone explain how a GG trigger can be production legal? It is an external part nor made by the factory. It seems open and shut illegal.

Sigh.

Here we go again.  Its legal because Gray Guns and the USPSA higher ups are buddies.  They shook hands, laughed a little and gave it the thumbs up for production use.  It does NOT match the factory contour at all and it is NOT an OEM part (yet?) therefor, in accordance with the rules it is NOT legal.

Its politics, its legal because the right people say its legal.  Just go with it and roll your eyes every time you think about the farcical nature of this sport sometimes.

Sigh.

Here we go again.  Its legal because Gray Guns and the USPSA higher ups are buddies.  They shook hands, laughed a little and gave it the thumbs up for production use.  It does NOT match the factory contour at all and it is NOT an OEM part (yet?) therefor, in accordance with the rules it is NOT legal.

Its politics, its legal because the right people say its legal.  Just go with it and roll your eyes every time you think about the farcical nature of this sport sometimes.

Real talk. Your name wouldn't be Vanek by any chance would it?

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 10:55 PM, Magsz said:

Sigh.

You are correct. Its externally visible as aftermarket, easily distinguished. NOT the same as factory. Nor avail on a factory gun. Guess its like a CZC part... not really from CZ but made/installed by a factory authorized custom shop?  Guess now we can have external aftermarket mag hammers, triggers, mag releases... based on latest rulings.

Still would like to see a ruling on the PELT rather than emails, and so and so said....   (and yes I have two of them). If the PELT is legal why is the APEX not?

4 hours ago, sfinney said:

You are correct. Its externally visible as aftermarket, easily distinguished. NOT the same as factory. Nor avail on a factory gun. Guess its like a CZC part... not really from CZ but made/installed by a factory authorized custom shop?  Guess now we can have external aftermarket mag hammers, triggers, mag releases... based on latest rulings.

Still would like to see a ruling on the PELT rather than emails, and so and so said....   (and yes I have two of them). If the PELT is legal why is the APEX not?

Its all about who you know...

On 5/11/2017 at 2:33 PM, rowdyb said:

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-nroi-hottopics.php

some interesting information here....

Can you elaborate?

Im assuming you're alluding to the comments on the bottom referencing the statements saying that if its not in the rulebook its still not allowed?  Ie there being no official NROI ruling regarding the gray guns trigger means its not actually production legal?

1 minute ago, sfinney said:

You do know what you quoted is dated 2009? It's whole new world now. :)

I do.  So, what was Rowdy actually referencing in his post?!